Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 316545 times)

Offline mackandmark

• Not said much yet
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #750 on: 31 May 2013, 13:40 »
Bill, I've asked the same question 3 times and they have never given me a definitive answer.

They are stringing us along!!
Our cars will be ready when they want them to be, nothing we can do in the meantime

Offline Whiteshirt

• Not said much yet
« Reply #751 on: 31 May 2013, 13:43 »
I was given BW 25 now I'm told it is BW 36.
The dealer said that because I had added Rear Camera  (after much- not possible, VW will not allow with Park Assist etc. etc. eventually ok to add) that this would put the BW back by a couple of weeks, but he is amazed of the extra 11 weeks..
My number is 2317****
5door GTi white manual, Performance Pack  ACC  Discover Nav Pro  Winter Pack   Dynaudio  Pan roof   Park assist  Service Pack
All gone since 2001 some forgotten. Porsche Boxster/Cooper S Works/Merc CLK/Gti MK5/ Audi TT/ GTi Ed 30/BMW 123d/Ford Kuga/GTi Ed 35. All new all lost money, some a lot more than others.(except edition 35 which lost nothing  in 9 months other than its wings, suspension, roof etc))

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #752 on: 31 May 2013, 14:11 »
The dealer said that because I had added Rear Camera  (after much- not possible, VW will not allow with Park Assist etc. etc. eventually ok to add) that this would put the BW back by a couple of weeks, but he is amazed of the extra 11 weeks..
My number is 2317****

If you got a part ex in I would imagine your dealer is just as annoyed, copping for 3 months extra depreciation against it. Even so, 11 weeks for addition of a camera takes the piss.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Flintymutt

• Not said much yet
« Reply #753 on: 31 May 2013, 15:44 »
I'm not sure if this is the case all over the uk but I was told that if I placed an order today I'm now looking at December delivery!

Offline Gung-Ho

• Here all the time
« Reply #754 on: 31 May 2013, 16:03 »
What's more "Laughable" is that I received an automated email from my dealer today with a link to the New GTi advert on YouTube (Basically the Vegas one but now with some hillbilly singers added for comedy value) basically saying "BE ONE OF THE FIRST TO OWN THE NEW GTi!!!" Please contact us for further information

I nearly choked on my cornflakes!!!
Current Toys: Mk7 Golf R 5dr 'Manual', Lapiz Blue, 18" Cadiz Alloys... Caterham R300 Superlight... new Mazda MX5 2.0 SE-L (ND)

Offline Whiteshirt

• Not said much yet
« Reply #755 on: 31 May 2013, 16:27 »
My number is 2317****

If you got a part ex in I would imagine your dealer is just as annoyed, copping for 3 months extra depreciation against it. Even so, 11 weeks for addition of a camera takes the piss.

No p/ex  so no problem for the dealer ..
5door GTi white manual, Performance Pack  ACC  Discover Nav Pro  Winter Pack   Dynaudio  Pan roof   Park assist  Service Pack
All gone since 2001 some forgotten. Porsche Boxster/Cooper S Works/Merc CLK/Gti MK5/ Audi TT/ GTi Ed 30/BMW 123d/Ford Kuga/GTi Ed 35. All new all lost money, some a lot more than others.(except edition 35 which lost nothing  in 9 months other than its wings, suspension, roof etc))

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #756 on: 31 May 2013, 18:02 »
Just had my dealer on the phone.

For some unbeknown reason my build week has dropped back to BW27 from BW26 and my dad's special order replacement is scheduled for week 30 apparently. Very apologetic about it all and gave my dad the option of taking the black one without paying for the metallic paint charge if he doesn't want to wait 5 weeks.

I'm guessing that this cock up with my dad's car has now screwed the allocation for Sunderland branch. now i'm second order (behind the black one) i'm guessing that's why I have been put back a week. I hope that under the circumstances my dad's replacement red one (just been given a new correct order number for it) isn't considered an allocation car that could affect mcmaddys build date negatively.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #757 on: 31 May 2013, 18:21 »

For some unbeknown reason my build week has dropped back to BW27 from BW26 and my dad's special order replacement is scheduled for week 30 apparently. Very apologetic about it all and gave my dad the option of taking the black one without paying for the metallic paint charge if he doesn't want to wait 5 weeks.

I'm guessing that this cock up with my dad's car has now screwed the allocation for Sunderland branch. now i'm second order (behind the black one) i'm guessing that's why I have been put back a week. I hope that under the circumstances my dad's replacement red one (just been given a new correct order number for it) isn't considered an allocation car that could affect mcmaddys build date negatively.

Here's a question.  If every time any of us changes something, or just some random fault happens like with MH and his dad, and then several orders get bumped back... who is the unknown beneficiary????  I mean, someone must have their order bumped forward right?  Or do the Germans just get an extra half hour lunch break each time this happens?  I suppose if everyone moves forward one slot then few people will actually change BW.  Although I'm still unsure that there are more than 5 build slots for the UK each week anyway!

If it were due to general delays then that implies that it is only when we make a change that we discover these longer waits, but that we're all constantly being pushed further and further back anyway, but no one is telling most of us.

Hmm...

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #758 on: 31 May 2013, 18:28 »

Here's a question.  If every time any of us changes something, or just some random fault happens like with MH and his dad, and then several orders get bumped back... who is the unknown beneficiary????  I mean, someone must have their order bumped forward right?  Or do the Germans just get an extra half hour lunch break each time this happens?  I suppose if everyone moves forward one slot then few people will actually change BW.  Although I'm still unsure that there are more than 5 build slots for the UK each week anyway!

If it were due to general delays then that implies that it is only when we make a change that we discover these longer waits, but that we're all constantly being pushed further and further back anyway, but no one is telling most of us.

Hmm...

Mine might've officially had another change in the cock-up as my dad's 5 year warranty had been inadvertantly added to my car in error and removed. If it wasn't removed in the same step as changing my car colour from DBP to TR then it probably was considered an extra change. Not sure why an extended warranty added or taken away would change their build schedule for that car as it constitutes no physical components, unless they really do take more care with the 5 year warranty cars (as someone here joked about ages ago).

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #759 on: 31 May 2013, 19:01 »

Hmm...

Mine might've officially had another change in the cock-up as my dad's 5 year warranty had been inadvertantly added to my car in error and removed. If it wasn't removed in the same step as changing my car colour from DBP to TR then it probably was considered an extra change. Not sure why an extended warranty added or taken away would change their build schedule for that car as it constitutes no physical components, unless they really do take more care with the 5 year warranty cars (as someone here joked about ages ago).

Well I thought extended warranty only had to be added before first registration, meaning you could wait until its on the boat and then add it.  Ergo it should in no way impact the build at all, so there should be no delay.  If things were logical that is.