Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 316698 times)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #740 on: 31 May 2013, 11:58 »
Special orders like my dad seems to have gotten (to make up for an error made) seems to muddy the waters relating to waiting times also when they can add in a last minute order to right a wrong.

Was given the impression that if I hadn't seen the tracking discrepancy that i'd be none the wiser when my dad's correct car came through a few weeks after mine. It does mean though that the tracker does seem to be very accurate, as the reason for my dad's order anomaly is now known.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline rick2b

• Not said much yet
« Reply #741 on: 31 May 2013, 12:00 »

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
« Last Edit: 31 May 2013, 12:16 by rick2b »
Mk7 Golf GTD Oryx White 19''rims 3dr keyless

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #742 on: 31 May 2013, 12:11 »
What's the latest order number here somewhere around the 232415xx range?

Delays have to be down to allocation for GTI and GTD. Order 23241655 is for a VW Golf SE 150TDI and it's already in confirmed build status - how long ago can that have been ordered? Not long i'm guessing as I can't get the tracker to give me anything beyond 23241669 (which is a GTD BTW)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #743 on: 31 May 2013, 12:20 »

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

So you got told BW26 and now you're confirmed. Hoping to see my status change in the next day or so seeing as dealer and VW UK have both told me BW26 and I was first order at my dealership.  :huh:

Offline Golf7

• Not said much yet
« Reply #744 on: 31 May 2013, 12:35 »

Delays have to be down to allocation for GTI and GTD. Order 23241655 is for a VW Golf SE 150TDI and it's already in confirmed build status - how long ago can that have been ordered? Not long i'm guessing as I can't get the tracker to give me anything beyond 23241669 (which is a GTD BTW)

Good theory but not correct. My order, placed with the dealer on 8th April is for a GT 150TDI, order number 232080xx and it has been on 'Processing your order' since I received my order number on 12th April. I am told by VWUK that I have an unconfirmed BW27.....

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #745 on: 31 May 2013, 13:07 »
Bear, yes I totally agree.  Their systems do not favour the customer whatsoever.  But do they really care?  No, as they'll always be someone to buy a new GTI.

Plus, let's not forget, the UK is hardly high up on Europe's Christmas card list.  :sad:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #746 on: 31 May 2013, 13:16 »

Good theory but not correct. My order, placed with the dealer on 8th April is for a GT 150TDI, order number 232080xx and it has been on 'Processing your order' since I received my order number on 12th April. I am told by VWUK that I have an unconfirmed BW27.....

I'm order number 2325XXXX and was also told BW27 but i'm not going to hold my breath  :sad:

Offline JohnP

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #747 on: 31 May 2013, 13:22 »
Who do you guys speak to at VW?

My salesman is on holiday so I thought I would try getting an update from VW. VW customer services were so unhelpful and told me they don't give estimated build weeks. When I said I had an unconfirmed BW from my dealer she said I would have to speak to them....

Thanks for the customer service VW!?!

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #748 on: 31 May 2013, 13:23 »
Plus, let's not forget, the UK is hardly high up on Europe's Christmas card list.  :sad:

True.  The sooner they realise that they're better off letting us run everything for them the better!  :grin: :grin: :grin:

But of course I jest (or do I :evil:)

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #749 on: 31 May 2013, 13:24 »
Who do you guys speak to at VW?

My salesman is on holiday so I thought I would try getting an update from VW. VW customer services were so unhelpful and told me they don't give estimated build weeks. When I said I had an unconfirmed BW from my dealer she said I would have to speak to them....

Thanks for the customer service VW!?!

VW on Twitter are good.

twitter@volkswagon.co.uk