Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 316642 times)

Offline CraigW

• I live here
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #690 on: 30 May 2013, 13:37 »
Just got off the phone with my dealer, mine has gone from wk36 to wk39 unconfirmed now?? My car was the second GTI to be ordered by that dealership. :angry: he's had one order for someone called gordon confirmed as bw27.

Oh well... :rolleyes:

As many have said before you have to think it's something to do with the options. I see you have chosen DSG and the pano roof. I suspect this is why your bw is being delayed

mjh_056

« Reply #691 on: 30 May 2013, 13:38 »
Thought they would all be upping production given the big pay rise they just got over there, so at least cars will be made by a happy workforce ;)

Offline Gung-Ho

• Here all the time
« Reply #692 on: 30 May 2013, 13:51 »
OMG!!!! Looks like more & more are getting pushed back now rather than being brought forward.... Does not bode well.
Current Toys: Mk7 Golf R 5dr 'Manual', Lapiz Blue, 18" Cadiz Alloys... Caterham R300 Superlight... new Mazda MX5 2.0 SE-L (ND)

Offline Cats

• Not said much yet
« Reply #693 on: 30 May 2013, 13:57 »
I've asked for the colour of mine to be changed to Carbon, bet that puts it back another 8 weeks.
Golf Mk7 GTi 5dr Manual, Carbon Grey, Performanc, ACC, Keyless, Winter Pack, Rear Camera , ordered 3rd May, in transit.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #694 on: 30 May 2013, 14:42 »
Dsg and pano roof can't be holding orders up as some people on here have early build weeks with those options selected along with acc. I just think that vw have made an absolute balls up of everything. why say June delivery when they had no intention of ever meeting that deadline. I think UK customers are being well and truly shafted and have been told a complete pack of lies since day 1.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline rick2b

• Not said much yet
« Reply #695 on: 30 May 2013, 15:05 »
More likely the Oryx white. I would guess that they make very few of these (not even 1% of Golf output) so probably no dedicated paint booth for that colour which would mean doing a campaign of them all together, and having a full cleandown before and after the campaign. Takes a lot of time to do the cleandowns when compared to paint time per unit, so they'll be collecting orders until they have enough Oryx whites to do together.

I hope you are very much mistaken monkeyhanger. I had a confirmed bw26 yesterday from my dealer for my gtd in oryx white
Mk7 Golf GTD Oryx White 19''rims 3dr keyless

Offline pauliem

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #696 on: 30 May 2013, 15:08 »
More likely the Oryx white. I would guess that they make very few of these (not even 1% of Golf output) so probably no dedicated paint booth for that colour which would mean doing a campaign of them all together, and having a full cleandown before and after the campaign. Takes a lot of time to do the cleandowns when compared to paint time per unit, so they'll be collecting orders until they have enough Oryx whites to do together.

I hope you are very much mistaken monkeyhanger. I had a confirmed bw26 yesterday from my dealer for my gtd in oryx white

Maybe worth checking if you still have that build week today? Seems a very early build week for a GTD.  None of the others are that early.

Offline rick2b

• Not said much yet
« Reply #697 on: 30 May 2013, 15:23 »

Maybe worth checking if you still have that build week today? Seems a very early build week for a GTD.  None of the others are that early.

I was originally unconfirmed wk33, then unconfirmed wk27, now confirmed wk26 as of yesterday.
However the online tracker has yet to change to confirmed bw. I will contact the dealer again once this happens.
Even though we've all being given unreliable info so far, as my dealer said we would all along until confirmed info in wk22, I see no reason for them to give me a confirmed wk26 if they knew different. But then again !!!

I once again wait for the next bit a info from my dealer in the hope they do not now do a u-turn an tell me wk44 etc !!!
« Last Edit: 30 May 2013, 15:33 by rick2b »
Mk7 Golf GTD Oryx White 19''rims 3dr keyless

dervy

« Reply #698 on: 30 May 2013, 16:01 »
I ordered my GTD on 3rd April and last week I was sent a copy of the VW order records, from my dealer, that showed that I had moved from build week 36 to week 25. The tracker has shown "build week confirmed" since last week. Fingers crossed that there are no further changes - unless it moves to an earlier date!!!!!

__________________________________________________________________________________________

On order:
GTD, DSG, 5 door, pure white, vienna leather, panoramic roof, discover nav, dynaudio.

Current car:
59 GTD, DSG, 5 door, pearl black, vienna leather, 18" Vancouver wheels, RNS510 nav.

Andy_cs

« Reply #699 on: 30 May 2013, 16:34 »

I was originally unconfirmed wk33, then unconfirmed wk27, now confirmed wk26 as of yesterday.
However the online tracker has yet to change to confirmed bw. I will contact the dealer again once this happens.
Even though we've all being given unreliable info so far, as my dealer said we would all along until confirmed info in wk22, I see no reason for them to give me a confirmed wk26 if they knew different. But then again !!!

I once again wait for the next bit a info from my dealer in the hope they do not now do a u-turn an tell me wk44 etc !!!

Hi rick2b, I see you're in West Yorks, if you don't mind which dealer? I too am West Yorks and currently have unconfirmed BW36 and I am hoping this comes forward