Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 316786 times)

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #540 on: 22 May 2013, 00:45 »
I ordered my GTD on the 15th of this month, been told 12 weeks. Just waiting on a factory order reference.

Going for the 5 door, pure white, panoramic roof, sound pack and ACC.

I was going to order the winter pack but decided against it. I did notice however, the winter pack has changed on the website today.

Previously it stated 'heated seats, heated washers and fluid level warning', but it has changed to 'Winter pack with leather and Bi-Xenons'.

That is really strange  :huh: It looks like it's no longer an option if you don't spec leather

Does that mean that people who opted with the winter pack WITHOUT leather are now getting refused the option?

Seems things are still being revised after orders are taken.
Weeeeeeeeell...... It also still thinks colour MFD is a £135 option, and we know that is bogus.  Call your dealer, I don't trust the config thingy.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #541 on: 22 May 2013, 09:16 »
Oh dear, this just gets worse!  So I just got an e-mail from VW, which contains:

I am delighted to learn of your recent purchase of a Golf GTI. I am, however, sorry that you could not find the information that you were looking for on our website. We are in the process of updating the website and we hope to have the site working as normal in the very near future.

I have spoken with our Sales Team and I can confirm that your order is currently scheduled to be built in the week commencing 16 September. This is still subject to confirmation from our colleagues in Germany.

So that would potentially put delivery at mid-October...  A far cry from the late August delivery I was told by my dealer.

Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #542 on: 22 May 2013, 10:00 »
Oh dear, this just gets worse!  So I just got an e-mail from VW, which contains:

I am delighted to learn of your recent purchase of a Golf GTI. I am, however, sorry that you could not find the information that you were looking for on our website. We are in the process of updating the website and we hope to have the site working as normal in the very near future.

I have spoken with our Sales Team and I can confirm that your order is currently scheduled to be built in the week commencing 16 September. This is still subject to confirmation from our colleagues in Germany.

So that would potentially put delivery at mid-October...  A far cry from the late August delivery I was told by my dealer.

That's week 38... WTF????  How many cars are they building each week?  What the hell are they doing between week 14 and 38?  Thats 17 weeks, about a third of a year.  How many coffee breaks can you have?  FFS don't these Germans keep telling us they are super efficient?

I was originally told to expect delivery "July/August", meaning end of July or beginning of August.  If they now said delivery would not be before mid October I'll be mighty pissed off!

:angry: :angry: :angry:

On the plus side it will definitely be a 63 plate.  But this is a pretty small plus side.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #543 on: 22 May 2013, 10:12 »
That's week 38... WTF????  How many cars are they building each week?  What the hell are they doing between week 14 and 38?  Thats 17 weeks, about a third of a year.  How many coffee breaks can you have?  FFS don't these Germans keep telling us they are super efficient?

I was originally told to expect delivery "July/August", meaning end of July or beginning of August.  If they now said delivery would not be before mid October I'll be mighty pissed off!

:angry: :angry: :angry:

On the plus side it will definitely be a 63 plate.  But this is a pretty small plus side.

Yup, bit of a joke huh?!  I was also told to expect August delivery by my dealer.  Plate is irrelevant to me as I'll have a private one for it.  For me it's not really about the build date, it's the uncertainty around the specification.  If I knew it was going to be exactly what I wanted, I wouldn't have a problem.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #544 on: 22 May 2013, 10:55 »
If we're lucky they might have us wait until MY15 when the climate windscreen will be standard equipment*

(*Don't quote me on that). Still waiting for my "first thing" phonecall back from VW UK. I take back all of my old opinions about india based broadband helpdesks.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline simoor

• Not said much yet
« Reply #545 on: 22 May 2013, 10:59 »
Spoke to Chester VW yesterday and they said my Golf GTI should be in production in 3 weeks (placed order 3 days after release), they said I should have a definite build date in 10 days time.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #546 on: 22 May 2013, 12:17 »
I decided to ring VW UK as they hadn't returned my call. The customer services lass put me on hold for a good 5 mins while they were speaking to sales.. I thought the wait might be a good sign as they're usually back to me immediately, telling me that they can't get hold of sales.

Well she had an answer for me, but it was a bit of a strange one, considering mcmaddy ordred same day as my dad, just pipping my dad to it and he's been given week 34.

My car (order confirmed March 30th) = Week 26 (5DR Man, no options).
My dad's car (order confirmed April 3rd) = Week 25 (5DR DSG, no options).

The only explanation I can think of for my car being made a week after my dad's is potentially my change of colour (from DBP to TR), could it have bumped me down the queue a week or 2?

If mcmaddy's week 34 is correct then it looks like the only logical explanation is a delay associated with his options. I wonder whether everyone being quoted week 32+ who ordered in March or the first week of April have a common option that is holding things up?

I'm assuming there has to be some logic here and that's the only logical assumption I can think of.

The lass on the phone did empasise that the dates quoted are only preliminary scheduling and could be subject to change (hopefully brought forward if anything). She reckoned also that the car would be built within 2 weeks of that date and 10 days after that it should've been delivered to the dealership, PDI'd and potentially in my hands. From all the additional stuff like that she'd told me it did seem as though she knew what she was talking about.

The disparity between mcmaddy's and my dad's orders seems to throw the allocation assumption out. If our dealership (one of only 2 in the group) has a limited allocation and mcmaddy got in after me but before my dad, why is his scheduled 9 weeks later? It does seem as though options are playing a part unless mcmaddy's info provided by VW UK is out of date and they're now providing better forecast of accurate (! :laugh:!)build times.
« Last Edit: 22 May 2013, 12:23 by monkeyhanger »
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #547 on: 22 May 2013, 12:34 »
If mcmaddy's week 34 is correct then it looks like the only logical explanation is a delay associated with his options. I wonder whether everyone being quoted week 32+ who ordered in March or the first week of April have a common option that is holding things up?

I'm assuming there has to be some logic here and that's the only logical assumption I can think of.

The lass on the phone did empasise that the dates quoted are only preliminary scheduling and could be subject to change (hopefully brought forward if anything). She reckoned also that the car would be built within 2 weeks of that date and 10 days after that it should've been delivered to the dealership, PDI'd and potentially in my hands. From all the additional stuff like that she'd told me it did seem as though she knew what she was talking about.

The disparity between mcmaddy's and my dad's orders seems to throw the allocation assumption out. If our dealership (one of only 2 in the group) has a limited allocation and mcmaddy got in after me but before my dad, why is his scheduled 9 weeks later? It does seem as though options are playing a part unless mcmaddy's info provided by VW UK is out of date and they're now providing better forecast of accurate (! :laugh:!)build times.

Good info.  If you check out my "spec and options popularity" thread I recently did an analysis of which options might cause delays and your 2 orders + mcmaddy were some of the most useful ones in this.  Interestingly the only delay I could identify was that adding the sunroof bumps things to week 35ish... I recent conversation with a dealer that someone posted bears this out as the dealer said sunroof requires a different build and bumps the order to BW 30-something.

However, mcmaddy didn't go for the sunroof IIRC?  So still not got to the bottom of it!

Offline Golf7

• Not said much yet
« Reply #548 on: 22 May 2013, 12:38 »
I rang VWUK today for an update on my order for a GT (with some options) and this is getting beyond a joke, this is basically what has happened:

8th March: Ordered Golf GT, pacific blue, Xenons, 2Zone, Park assist, de-badge

15th March: I find out (luckily) online that the Xenon option I have ordered won't have the 'U' shaped LED drls, which is what was shown in the brochure the dealership gave me. I send an email to dealership asking for them to investigate.

26th March: after numerous emails and phone calls to the retailer they are having no joy in getting the information they need from VWUK, so I contact VWUK directly, who themselves don't seem to be able to confirm what is happening one way or another with the Xenon lights. I ask for one thing: don't let my order go to build week confirmed until we know if the Xenons with LED drls will be an option in the coming weeks, and if they do become an option will VWUK foot the bill for the more expensive second option?

4th April: I am finally informed by my retailer that the option that was specified on my order was the Xenons without LED drls and that VWUK have declined upgrade me to the Xenons with LED drls option as a gesture of goodwill, but the 'good news' is that my car is now in 'build week confirmed'. This isn't good news as I will be keeping this car for 4 years so it has to be 100% right! I check with the VWUK Executive office and the reason VWUK won't pay the extra is because they made the retailers aware of this issue back in February apparently. My retailer was having none of that.

5th April: As the original order can no longer be modified (as it is build week confirmed), I cancel the order and place a new order. As the campaign has now changed this means the pricing, residuals etc are not quite the same and even by removing the metallic paint and going with Tornado Red, which should have balanced out the additional £400 for the more expensive Xenon option, it doesn't quite work like this and the car is a few quid a month more than the original one, which I have to swallow.

6th May: I call VWUK customer services to check on the progress of my new order and am told that it is due to be built week 21 (end of May) and I should expect delivery end of June/early July. Happy days as my A3 goes back on 28th June.

22nd May: I call VWUK to double check the order is still on track and I am now told that it is now due for build around week 27, July, although this is not confirmed and I won't expect delivery until at least early August.

Needless to say I AM NOT A HAPPY BUNNY!!!!

I have spoken to the executive office again who say they will 'see what they can do' but I won't hold my breath. I told them I am not so angry about the waiting time, it is just the fact I am told something different every time I speak to them! The whole experience has been a ball-ache from start to finish.

DIABOLICAL!!!  :sick:

Offline Valenni

• Here all the time
« Reply #549 on: 22 May 2013, 12:42 »
I ordered my GTD last week with the Panoramic roof, manual, ACC and Dynaudio sound and my estimated build is WK33.

One question though, do the Bi-Xenons / LED lights on the GTD / GTI come standard with the cornering function?
Proud owner of a Pure white Golf GTD  - Adaptive Chassis Control - Panoramic sunroof - Dynaudio sound pack.