Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 316732 times)

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #520 on: 21 May 2013, 09:39 »
I'm told BW34 for my GTD ordered on 19.05.13

Linc-dub... Confirmed or estimated BW?

Mine was ordered 9.4.13 and I still have heard a dickie bird. Needless to say the phone will be on speed dial to my dealer next week :cry:
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #521 on: 21 May 2013, 10:01 »
My dealer has confirmed today I'm still showing BW26.  He did confirm however that my GTI will be the first the dealership receives, which is good.  However just shows that the first car they are getting is 4 weeks later (in terms of build week) than originally predicted by VW, and this is a pretty big dealership.  VW are clearly behind in their production for the UK it seems.
« Last Edit: 21 May 2013, 10:04 by matchboy »
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #522 on: 21 May 2013, 13:00 »
mcmaddy - I'm told BW34 for my GTD ordered on 19.05.13
I oredered mine on 2nd April so it may be true about all gtd's having the same build wk of 34. Hope not as its turning out to be misrepresentation here!!
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #523 on: 21 May 2013, 13:44 »
My dealer has confirmed today I'm still showing BW26.  He did confirm however that my GTI will be the first the dealership receives, which is good.  However just shows that the first car they are getting is 4 weeks later (in terms of build week) than originally predicted by VW, and this is a pretty big dealership.  VW are clearly behind in their production for the UK it seems.
I'm not sure it is really behind.  BW24 is still the earliest anyone has isn't it?  I'm guessing a lot of the week 22 and 23 cars might be more demos or something?

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #524 on: 21 May 2013, 14:02 »
I'm not sure it is really behind.  BW24 is still the earliest anyone has isn't it?  I'm guessing a lot of the week 22 and 23 cars might be more demos or something?

No, they are definitely behind.  GTI's were supposed to start production BW22, the demos should all ready be made and ready for 1st June in the showroom.  I know BW24 is the earliest we have on here but it should have been BW22!  :laugh: :rolleyes:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #525 on: 21 May 2013, 15:19 »
I oredered mine on 2nd April so it may be true about all gtd's having the same build wk of 34. Hope not as its turning out to be misrepresentation here!!

I tried ringing VW UK up for my build date (projected or complete guess) and the system is down. They're supposedly going to ring me back tomorrow morning when they hope the system is back up.

If my build week does end up being considerably sooner than mcmaddy's then it would lend credibility to limited order assignments per dealership, e.g. If mine was week 24 (or 25/26), my dad's was 29 (or 30) and mcmaddy's is 34, then we're talking about a real 1 per month/5 weeks allocation per dealership (assuming my dad's order just pipped mcmaddys on same day). @mcmaddy i'll pm you my dad's order no so you can let me know whether yours if before his or after.

German efficiency and reliability lacking here on the order system.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline sbaker31

• Just got here
« Reply #526 on: 21 May 2013, 15:25 »
Hi all I ordered mine on 8th of April and have a build week of 34!
Have been told it could be brought forward but I doubt it!!
Should still beat the 9 and a half month wait for my Scirocco.
On Order: GTI, DSG, 3DR, Pure White, Keyless, 19" Santiago, Discover Nav, Rear View Camera.
Current: Scirocco 170TDI in Candy White

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #527 on: 21 May 2013, 17:02 »

I tried ringing VW UK up for my build date (projected or complete guess) and the system is down. They're supposedly going to ring me back tomorrow morning when they hope the system is back up.

If my build week does end up being considerably sooner than mcmaddy's then it would lend credibility to limited order assignments per dealership, e.g. If mine was week 24 (or 25/26), my dad's was 29 (or 30) and mcmaddy's is 34, then we're talking about a real 1 per month/5 weeks allocation per dealership (assuming my dad's order just pipped mcmaddys on same day). @mcmaddy i'll pm you my dad's order no so you can let me know whether yours if before his or after.

German efficiency and reliability lacking here on the order system.
pm'd you matthew
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Gung-Ho

• Here all the time
« Reply #528 on: 21 May 2013, 17:08 »
Welcome sbaker! Week 34 is not too long await.... Hopefully you'll get it before the new Mk8 arrives anyway :grin:
Current Toys: Mk7 Golf R 5dr 'Manual', Lapiz Blue, 18" Cadiz Alloys... Caterham R300 Superlight... new Mazda MX5 2.0 SE-L (ND)

Offline HA54SYM`

• I live here
« Reply #529 on: 21 May 2013, 17:14 »
You are getting me worried now!

I was the third person to order a GTi from my dealership.

Dave
94 - Roversport Tomcat Racecar