Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 316654 times)

Offline HA54SYM`

• I live here
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #510 on: 20 May 2013, 15:47 »
To be fair the dealer I'm ordering from is small(ish) and they are not part of a big group or anything, so probably more straight forward to order things?

Regarding the VW tracker, when I added the Performance Pack, a day later it was showing updated on the tracker (220 before 230 now).

Dave
94 - Roversport Tomcat Racecar

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #511 on: 20 May 2013, 16:39 »
Following a few e-mails, I just had a nice call from a lady at VW who is personally looking into things for me.  Apparently they couldn't even get into their own systems this morning, but she will call me back later this week with some more details about my order.  She backed up what others have said about the online tracker sometimes not showing until there is a confirmed build week, but to coin her phrase, "it's a bit flakey!" :grin:

I also got the contents of my entire order re-confirmed, because it turns out they made several errors when transposing the order information.  While my telephone number, mobile number, and house number were correct on the order printout I got from the dealer, the numbers she had in her system were incorrect.  Not sure why things needed inputting separately, but anyway, might be worth checking.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #512 on: 20 May 2013, 16:47 »
Following a few e-mails, I just had a nice call from a lady at VW who is personally looking into things for me.  Apparently they couldn't even get into their own systems this morning, but she will call me back later this week with some more details about my order.  She backed up what others have said about the online tracker sometimes not showing until there is a confirmed build week, but to coin her phrase, "it's a bit flakey!" :grin:

I also got the contents of my entire order re-confirmed, because it turns out they made several errors when transposing the order information.  While my telephone number, mobile number, and house number were correct on the order printout I got from the dealer, the numbers she had in her system were incorrect.  Not sure why things needed inputting separately, but anyway, might be worth checking.

Good info!

Not sure whether to trust them of call them myself though.  I guess there is no way of knowing if our orders are right if we don't call and check!

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #513 on: 20 May 2013, 16:56 »
Good info!

Not sure whether to trust them of call them myself though.  I guess there is no way of knowing if our orders are right if we don't call and check!

Can't hurt to call - I know it doesn't really change anything, but it's nice to know at least something, even if it's to not expect anything.  I guess I'm just too used to managing peoples expectations in my job and personal life, and almost expect the same back...  Nice thing now though is, I have a name of an individual I can call.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #514 on: 20 May 2013, 18:46 »
I have never known VW ordering being so haphazard with potentially incorrect order information and complete lack of information available to the dealer or the buyer. What is it with the MK7 that is so hard to plan out properly? I'm hoping that next week i'll be pleasantly surprised with a week 23/24 build confirmed!

@ Dave: the dealership I ordered from is part of a group of only 2 branches so should be no complications with other branches snaffling group allocations (I can see this potentially happening for big groups though). The other branch hadn't apparently ordered a GTI/GTD for anyone before my order went in. Oh well, i'll bide my time for further official info.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #515 on: 20 May 2013, 19:34 »
I have never known VW ordering being so haphazard with potentially incorrect order information and complete lack of information available to the dealer or the buyer. What is it with the MK7 that is so hard to plan out properly? I'm hoping that next week i'll be pleasantly surprised with a week 23/24 build confirmed!

@ Dave: the dealership I ordered from is part of a group of only 2 branches so should be no complications with other branches snaffling group allocations (I can see this potentially happening for big groups though). The other branch hadn't apparently ordered a GTI/GTD for anyone before my order went in. Oh well, i'll bide my time for further official info.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but according to customer service guy I spoke to today gti's are coming first with gtd's coming in august/September. I'm sitting on wk34 which I think is totally unacceptable buy he said it was always VW's intention to do it this way. When I asked why the website says on sale June he said that was for gti's only!! wtf is going on at VW?
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #516 on: 20 May 2013, 19:46 »
McMaddy: Week 34? W/C 19th August. Jeez. I haven't chased mine through VW UK to see if mine is any sooner than that, still unsure whether yours was ordered before my dads. If that is an accurate time for yours then you'll definitely be on the new plate.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #517 on: 20 May 2013, 19:49 »
I'm still stuck on wk36 :cry:

And my order is for a GTI. :angry:

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #518 on: 20 May 2013, 20:20 »
McMaddy: Week 34? W/C 19th August. Jeez. I haven't chased mine through VW UK to see if mine is any sooner than that, still unsure whether yours was ordered before my dads. If that is an accurate time for yours then you'll definitely be on the new plate.

mine and your dads were ordered on the same day I think. I'm hoping that VW over here don't actually know what's happening yet and the proper dates will be earlier.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline linc-dub

• Here all the time
« Reply #519 on: 21 May 2013, 08:48 »
mcmaddy - I'm told BW34 for my GTD ordered on 19.05.13
Picked up 02.09.17 Mk7.5 GTD Isaac Blue, Manual 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Keyless, 90% tints, Heated front screen, Mudflaps all round

Sep 2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Carbon Grey, Manual, 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Sat Nav, Keyless, Sport & Sound, Mudflaps all round

2013 63 plate Mk7 GTD, Manual, 5 doors, Carbon Grey Metalic, ACC, Reversing Camera, Mudflaps front & rear - Took delivery October 2013