Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 316650 times)

Offline OF1

• Not said much yet
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #500 on: 18 May 2013, 20:44 »
I went to my local dealer today to see wtf on earth was happening with my car. Yes they told me the wait would be long. But I don't give a sh!t. I want it now if I'm being honest, waiting around isn't my strong point!

Anyway, GTD aside he said the demo GTI would be at the dealer by the end of this month.
Currently Driving: Mini Cooper SD | Chilli Red | Black Roof | Often mistaken for my girlfriend's car..

Cancelled Order: Golf GTD Manual 3 Door | Pure White | Leather | Dynaudio | Reversing Camera | Service Pack

Offline HA54SYM`

• I live here
« Reply #501 on: 20 May 2013, 12:24 »
It sounds like GolfTI will be the first UK member to get his car with a build week of 25. I'm week 26 but mine has to come a little further north...

Just got a confirmed build week of 24!!!

Dave
94 - Roversport Tomcat Racecar

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #502 on: 20 May 2013, 12:37 »
It sounds like GolfTI will be the first UK member to get his car with a build week of 25. I'm week 26 but mine has to come a little further north...

Just got a confirmed build week of 24!!!

Dave

Can you tell us all when your order was accepted by VW UK (when you got your tracking number, if you got one) and what your spec is? I'm hoping that mine will also be early doors as I was first to order from my dealership (ordered 39th March, order processed and accepted by VW UK 30th March, standard spec 5DR). Hopefully my change in paint colour a few weeks ago hasn't bumped me down the queue.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline HA54SYM`

• I live here
« Reply #503 on: 20 May 2013, 13:23 »
3 Door
DBP
Manual
Winter Pack
Dynaudio
Performance Pack (added later)

Order placed 01/04/13

Dealer sent me the order number on 05/04/13

Dave

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #504 on: 20 May 2013, 14:52 »
Has your dealer confirmed this date or was it VW themselves?
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #505 on: 20 May 2013, 14:58 »
Has your dealer confirmed this date or was it VW themselves?

Indeed this is the question.  Because according to VW no build dates will be confirmed until next Monday.  It may well be provisional though, which means it will be unlikely to change - so lucky you!!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline HA54SYM`

• I live here
« Reply #506 on: 20 May 2013, 15:03 »
I looked on the VW tracker, and it now says build week confirmed, however it does not say which week.

I contacted the dealer then and they looked and came back with week 24.

Dave

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #507 on: 20 May 2013, 15:06 »
I looked on the VW tracker, and it now says build week confirmed, however it does not say which week.

Dave

So completely the opposite against what VW has told some of us!  :rolleyes: Thanks for the info Dave.
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #508 on: 20 May 2013, 15:10 »
My dealer e-mailed me on Saturday, and as of that date, there was no news of a build date, and told again that week 22 onwards is when we'll start to see some traction.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #509 on: 20 May 2013, 15:43 »

Dave

For the rest of us, not having an update on the tracker might not mean anything - we've all seen to varying degrees how sh!te it can be, from my Dad's number with the wrong colour assigned to the car to those whose order changes are not seen, to others whose tracking number doesn't work.  If time of ordering, your place within the dealership's allocation queue and few or no options has the biggest bearing then there are some here who should be also getting their cars built as soon as week 24 (I have a few days on you for order placed Dave)
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.