Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 319128 times)

Offline CraigW

• I live here
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #440 on: 15 May 2013, 11:07 »
Haha, we're talking about oil in like 3 different threads now! :laugh:

It's a fluid subject. I'll get me coat

Offline AAddict

• I live here
« Reply #441 on: 15 May 2013, 11:08 »
Haha, we're talking about oil in like 3 different threads now! :laugh:

It's a fluid subject. I'll get me coat

I see what you did there, very slick  :wink:
Cancelled GTI, M135i beast mode.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #442 on: 15 May 2013, 11:29 »
These jokes are just getting terriboil now! :D
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #443 on: 15 May 2013, 12:15 »
Actually, although slightly off topic (apologies), talking about topping up oil, my Scirocco is my first with the CR (common rail) engine, and I have to say in 2½ years of ownership, I have never once - ever needed to top up my oil. It never moves between services. My older Golf 5 with the PD engine would regularly go through 1-1½ litres in between the annual services.

TBH, I know more mates with TSI and TFSI engines (especially Polo GTI) that drink oil much more than any diesel  :laugh:

Neither of my last 3 cars (including current Roc) have used a drop of oil between services - I have 3 x 1 ltr oil packs that came with those cars, untouched. The one before that however was the one ran in on motorway miles and was so thirsty for the oil it might as well have been 2 stroke.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline mk7gti

• I live here
« Reply #444 on: 15 May 2013, 13:32 »
Did anyone else get a confirmed build week from their dealer today?

MK7 GTI - Deep Pearl Black - Standard Spec - Ordered 10/12/2015.

MK7 GTI - White - Standard Spec - Service Pack - Collected 11/09/2013.

Offline AAddict

• I live here
« Reply #445 on: 15 May 2013, 13:35 »

Nope, when did you place your order?
Cancelled GTI, M135i beast mode.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #446 on: 15 May 2013, 14:48 »
Ok, so as mk7gti was given an update today I thought I'd try my luck with VW on twitter.  Here is the (email) reply, and good news I've moved up a week from 27 to 26 (provisionally) woo hoo!

"Thank you for your contact in to our Twitter page regarding your Golf GTI order.
We have spoken with our Product Marketing Team and also our factory in Germany and can confirm your vehicle is scheduled to build in week 26 (w/c 24/06/2013).
At this stage the factory can not confirm to us a more definitive date to build your vehicle, we will have more information within the coming weeks which is why we quote 'lead times' to our retailer network. These lead times are the average build a specific vehicle can take and helps them to manage their customer expectations.
To ensure customers are being given the most up to date information possible, the factory and in tern Volkswagen UK quote the maximum lead time of 16 weeks for all newly released models. We do however, know your order will build and arrive in the UK before then.
When we place an order in our factory system it is given a scheduled build date which, until the factory confirm the build week is subject to change.  There can be many reasons for the change but for many it is purely capacity on the production line.
The likely hood of your vehicle moving from week 26 production is very low but until it is confirmed by the factory your retailer will be unable to commit to a delivery date. Once we know your vehicle's confirmed build date, an estimated delivery time can be arranged.

We appreciate this may not be the response you were hoping for and do understand our customers frustration when wanting more detailed information.
If you do require anymore information about lead times and how the Volkswagen supply chain works, it may be worth reading more on the link below to our Facebook page or speak with your retailer.

https://www.facebook.com/VolkswagenUK/app_362476440451045

Keep in touch with your retailer for an update on your order, once it is confirmed they'll be able to advise you.

Many Thanks

Social Media Customer Relations Team
Volkswagen UK Customer Services"

:smiley:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Gung-Ho

• Here all the time
« Reply #447 on: 15 May 2013, 15:35 »

Nope. Were we meant to???

Matchboys estimated build week 26 is however in line with what my dealer confirmed to me a couple of weeks back, so that's an encouraging development.
Current Toys: Mk7 Golf R 5dr 'Manual', Lapiz Blue, 18" Cadiz Alloys... Caterham R300 Superlight... new Mazda MX5 2.0 SE-L (ND)

Offline pauliem

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #448 on: 15 May 2013, 16:55 »
Just been given my build week of 28.

Offline Gung-Ho

• Here all the time
« Reply #449 on: 15 May 2013, 17:10 »
Just been given my build week of 28.

??? Are these definitely "Confimed" or Estimated??

It's good news if they're definitely Confimed  :smiley:
« Last Edit: 15 May 2013, 17:29 by Gung-Ho »
Current Toys: Mk7 Golf R 5dr 'Manual', Lapiz Blue, 18" Cadiz Alloys... Caterham R300 Superlight... new Mazda MX5 2.0 SE-L (ND)