Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 318111 times)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #360 on: 10 May 2013, 18:36 »
Instead of cancelling, why not use this as a bargaining chip to get some money off/extras added for nothing.  If it doesn't work then if you can still sack if off should you still feel that way.  But if it was me I'd be getting some options added on for nothing!

P1ss poor from VW though, you GTD boys were told June delivery.

Good luck with trying for freebies. Who would fund them, VW or the dealer? Not the dealers fault - look at the info out there, website says they'll be on sale in the UK in June, dealers not told any different. If anything the dealers will be most pissed off by this - for those with p/x, for every month VW are later than anticipated your 2/3 year old Roc/Golf is depreciating, at maybe £250 a month. My Roc value was agreed at £15500, it would probably be on the forecourt right now for £18k. By the time Aug comes around, correct forecourt price will probably be £17k. The dealership expects to make more than 10% on a nearly new used VW.

VW UK are particularly tight with goodwill and useless at resolving customer issues. After my MK5 Golf was clattered by a bus and Benfield took 8 weeks to do a 2 week repair, they left it
1. with the brakes in a dangerous condition.
2. with a paint job so thin and compromised galvanisation so the repair rusted every 3 months
3. with missing items from my boot that were never seen again
4. with the car interior covered in black handprints on the rooflining and metal swarf (from cutting in the new rear quarter) all over the interior.

Some of these issues weren't noticed completely until the following day aas it was pitch black and lashing it down when I picked my car up (I did note the missing items at time of pick-up).

VW UK were involved and I wrote some pretty strong letters of complaint. My goodwill gesture was that VW UK put pressure on to Benfield to offer me a free valet (paid for by Benfield). Apart from remedial paint/rust repairs on the rear quarter panel every 3 months until I got shot of it, I wouldn't let them near the interior again. VW UK said I was stubborn and tried to close my case as "customer satisfied with the outcome". I wrote to VW Germany after that and they were horrified. They gave me 1000 euros compensation for my issues with Benfield and VW UK. You will get short shrift from VW UK for a later than anticipated order.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #361 on: 10 May 2013, 18:39 »
Right now i'm glad that i'm happy with my car and it doesn't have any impending costs such as replacement tyres (OK I need a tax disc, but I will get most of that back).
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline ROO1

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #362 on: 10 May 2013, 18:49 »
Instead of cancelling, why not use this as a bargaining chip to get some money off/extras added for nothing.  If it doesn't work then if you can still sack if off should you still feel that way.  But if it was me I'd be getting some options added on for nothing!

P1ss poor from VW though, you GTD boys were told June delivery.

Good luck with trying for freebies. Who would fund them, VW or the dealer? Not the dealers fault - look at the info out there, website says they'll be on sale in the UK in June, dealers not told any different. If anything the dealers will be most pissed off by this - for those with p/x, for every month VW are later than anticipated your 2/3 year old Roc/Golf is depreciating, at maybe £250 a month. My Roc value was agreed at £15500, it would probably be on the forecourt right now for £18k. By the time Aug comes around, correct forecourt price will probably be £17k. The dealership expects to make more than 10% on a nearly new used VW.

VW UK are particularly tight with goodwill and useless at resolving customer issues. After my MK5 Golf was clattered by a bus and Benfield took 8 weeks to do a 2 week repair, they left it
1. with the brakes in a dangerous condition.
2. with a paint job so thin and compromised galvanisation so the repair rusted every 3 months
3. with missing items from my boot that were never seen again
4. with the car interior covered in black handprints on the rooflining and metal swarf (from cutting in the new rear quarter) all over the interior.

Some of these issues weren't noticed completely until the following day aas it was pitch black and lashing it down when I picked my car up (I did note the missing items at time of pick-up).

VW UK were involved and I wrote some pretty strong letters of complaint. My goodwill gesture was that VW UK put pressure on to Benfield to offer me a free valet (paid for by Benfield). Apart from remedial paint/rust repairs on the rear quarter panel every 3 months until I got shot of it, I wouldn't let them near the interior again. VW UK said I was stubborn and tried to close my case as "customer satisfied with the outcome". I wrote to VW Germany after that and they were horrified. They gave me 1000 euros compensation for my issues with Benfield and VW UK. You will get short shrift from VW UK for a later than anticipated order.

When my Audi A1 was 12 weeks late I got it for 17200 instead of 20500. Depends on your negotiation skills I guess
Mk7 Golf GTD on order for 64 plate delivery
5 door
Pure White

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #363 on: 10 May 2013, 20:04 »
Top and bottom of it is we were supposed to get delivery in June. Clearly that's not going to happen so someone needs to be taken outside from either vw Germany or VW UK or even better both and dragged round the car park behind a Toureg. They've known all along that no gti or gtd would be delivered in June so its false advertising. If they'd said order books open march for delivery in September then fine, at least we knew up front.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #364 on: 10 May 2013, 20:13 »
To be honest no one should of expected customer deliveries in June. It was clear from the start that only pre production demo cars were to be built before week 22 to be on site for the on sale date of June. That means on sale for people to see and drive not for customers to take delivery of.

Your individual dealers are the ones who have done the usual thing of over promising and under delivering. VW uk have never promised customer deliveries for June so don't expect anything from them.
Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.

Offline GolfTi

• I live here
  • ..gotta feel for my automobile..
« Reply #365 on: 10 May 2013, 20:13 »
Chill everyone, just chill.

It'll be here when it's here.
Be safe in the knowledge you'll be one of the first in the UK to own a mk 7 GTI. :drool: :drool:

Mines still showing week 25 .
Mk7 GTI. DBP, DCC, Winter pack. Mine since new, July 2013.
GTI no. 4. Golf no. 5.  VW no. 7.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #366 on: 10 May 2013, 21:01 »
To be honest no one should of expected customer deliveries in June. It was clear from the start that only pre production demo cars were to be built before week 22 to be on site for the on sale date of June. That means on sale for people to see and drive not for customers to take delivery of.

Your individual dealers are the ones who have done the usual thing of over promising and under delivering. VW uk have never promised customer deliveries for June so don't expect anything from them.

The fact VW UK have on sale June means nothing then? It's still misleading at best. Nothing to do with dealerships its VW UK.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline AAddict

• I live here
« Reply #367 on: 10 May 2013, 21:03 »

The fact VW UK have on sale June means nothing then? It's still misleading at best. Nothing to do with dealerships its VW UK.

Agreed.
Cancelled GTI, M135i beast mode.

Offline GolfTi

• I live here
  • ..gotta feel for my automobile..
« Reply #368 on: 10 May 2013, 21:19 »
I do remember when I was a little boy.

I soooo wanted Christmas to be tomorrow.

:wink:

Mk7 GTI. DBP, DCC, Winter pack. Mine since new, July 2013.
GTI no. 4. Golf no. 5.  VW no. 7.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #369 on: 10 May 2013, 21:44 »
How long do the dealers need to hang on to the demo's?
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂