Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 316718 times)

Offline matchboy

• I live here
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #250 on: 07 May 2013, 18:11 »
If the car came with Kelly Brook I'd gladly wait till 2014 for delivery!  :laugh:

Welcome btw!!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #251 on: 07 May 2013, 18:17 »
The annoying this is if VW had said from the outset it was likely to be for September delivery people would have known that. Why say on sale June if they can't deliver, its misrepresentation and false advertising!
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #252 on: 07 May 2013, 18:28 »
OK, I'm starting to get concerned now. I seem to be the only person who's order number isn't even recognised on the "track your order" website  :cry: placed my order on the 14th April.

Spoke to the dealer and he told me it wouldn't appear until VW have assigned a build week, but I told him that was bull, as the order should have at least been acknowledged, even if a build week hasn't been assigned, as lots of people on here seem to be that far at least.

Think it's a trip in there at the weekend to see whats bloody going on  :angry:
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #253 on: 07 May 2013, 18:43 »
I've been into my dealer today and they showed me my order on system, but no build date was showing. :sad:

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #254 on: 07 May 2013, 18:48 »
You should be able to see order in process on the tracker with your order number. Ring VW customer services and give them your order number.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #255 on: 07 May 2013, 18:58 »
Just checked mine and for the first time it appears on the online tracker instead of adding not recognised like it was before.

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
« Reply #256 on: 07 May 2013, 19:13 »
I ordered my GTD  02/05.  Dealer has guesstimated 16+ weeks.

I have been holding out for this since last October.  The wait is getting harder and harder.

I'm hoping it won't be delayed any longer than that  :cry:
On Order: 02/05/13
GTD: Carbon Grey, Winter Pack, Keyless, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Furry Dice
Collected: 06/11/13

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
« Reply #257 on: 07 May 2013, 19:23 »
OK, I'm starting to get concerned now. I seem to be the only person who's order number isn't even recognised on the "track your order" website  :cry: placed my order on the 14th April.

Spoke to the dealer and he told me it wouldn't appear until VW have assigned a build week, but I told him that was bull, as the order should have at least been acknowledged, even if a build week hasn't been assigned, as lots of people on here seem to be that far at least.

Norbreck, you're not the only one matey. I have an order number, however it still it isn't recognised by the VW Track Your Order website even though my order was placed on 10 April. Should I be concerned?

I was fed exactly the same as you, that it won't appear until I've been assigned a build week. Obviously this doesn't add up as many on here can see their order on the website yet still haven't been assigned a build week.

I've been onto my dealer about this but I've given up pestering them for now, mainly for my own sanity. However she did assure me most sincerely that my order is placed and is awaiting a build week. What else can I do?

Don't feel you're the only one as there's me too :whistle:
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR

Offline AAddict

• I live here
« Reply #258 on: 07 May 2013, 19:25 »

Norbreck, you're not the only one matey. I have an order number, however it still it isn't recognised by the VW Track Your Order website even though my order was placed on 10 April. Should I be concerned?

I was fed exactly the same as you, that it won't appear until I've been assigned a build week. Obviously this doesn't add up as many on here can see their order on the website yet still haven't been assigned a build week.

I've been onto my dealer about this but I've given up pestering them for now, mainly for my own sanity. However she did assure me most sincerely that my order is placed and is awaiting a build week. What else can I do?

Don't feel you're the only one as there's me too :whistle:

I'd be a little worried as my order number worked on the tracker within 24hrs of ordering.
 the car.
Cancelled GTI, M135i beast mode.

Offline OF1

• Not said much yet
« Reply #259 on: 07 May 2013, 19:59 »
I wouldn't be concerned.

They won't have simply not ordered the car I don't believe. You are the customer who has ordered a car, they will want to deliver it to you. If the sales exec says they've done it, then I'd believe them over what appears to be an unreliable tracking service!
Currently Driving: Mini Cooper SD | Chilli Red | Black Roof | Often mistaken for my girlfriend's car..

Cancelled Order: Golf GTD Manual 3 Door | Pure White | Leather | Dynaudio | Reversing Camera | Service Pack