Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 316506 times)

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #240 on: 07 May 2013, 14:07 »
Spoke to my dealer today to get a colour change (to Tornado Red) and he said that build weeks for GTI/GTD will not be assigned to orders until we are in MY14 (week 22). Only then will it be transparent when your car will be built. Everyone gets a different story!

I got exactly the same response when I pushed my dealer for info last week. She said we won't hear anything until BW 22-23, and more likely nothing will be built I factory until BW 27.

So, I'm gonna try and give her some slack for a few weeks then then turn up the pressure again.

One thing I am amaze at is how variable everybody's build weeks are coming through. Considering we're all very early adopters you'd think/hope we'd be first in line for June deliveries. Sadly this has not been the case. It's been a shambolic launch here in the UK with all the misinformation and MY2014 push backs.
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #241 on: 07 May 2013, 14:10 »
"Der neuer Golf GTI - you can order one in March 2013, and its on sale in June 2013! *fanfare*

(but you can't have it till August/September 2013, if you're lucky, cause we're too busy making Demos)

:lipsrsealed:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline crouchy88

• Just got here
« Reply #242 on: 07 May 2013, 14:31 »
Hi all, I'm new to the forum! I went into my dealership last week to enquire about the new GTI, I got a phone call yesterday to tell me that I couldn't get my hands on one until December. According to the dealer they are having problems with the ADC on the GTI's :/

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
« Reply #243 on: 07 May 2013, 14:43 »
Hi all, I'm new to the forum! I went into my dealership last week to enquire about the new GTI, I got a phone call yesterday to tell me that I couldn't get my hands on one until December. According to the dealer they are having problems with the ADC on the GTI's :/

Welcome aboard Crouchy :wink:

Yet another yarn of bull we're being spun! How many other billy-bill stories can they come up with. On the funny side I've not heard ADC issues as an excuse before. So top marks for originality!

My advice to you is ring around other dealers & try online brokers too. Don't settle for the first response you've had.

December delivery.. Sheesh :sick:
« Last Edit: 07 May 2013, 14:48 by Hawaii-Five-O »
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR

Offline tuscan

• Not said much yet
« Reply #244 on: 07 May 2013, 15:54 »
Hi I am new here to!

I ordered my GTD on Business Lease hire and was told May/early June. I emailed the company to get an update and I got a very vague response to!

Hi Ben,

I have spoken to our dealership, apparently there is a lot going on behind the scenes on these new shape Golfs.  They are hoping to have a better idea in the next 14 days as regards delivery.  I will let you know as soon as we hear anything back from them.

Kind regards

Cant VW release a statement just to let everyone know what the problems are?  This is very frustrating!   :sad:

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #245 on: 07 May 2013, 16:45 »
Just spoken to VW customer services and been told build week 35. Now considering I was told build week 22 last week I'm now looking at delivery in September sometime. When I pushed them they said if I'd ordered as soon as the books opened for order then I would have a June delivery. Very strange considering no gtd or gti's are being built until at least w/c 27th May. I really think they are just pulling dates from a random generator and why does the VW website still say June to buy. What the hell is the point in ordering on 1st April to mid all of the summer and maybe get a September delivery. Only plus is that it'll have 63 plate and not 13. I am shocked at how shambolic VW are and was not expecting this from them. At this rate I'll have to tax and tyre the tiguan before gtd comes :angry:
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline AAddict

• I live here
« Reply #246 on: 07 May 2013, 17:28 »
I still think some GTI's will arrive tail end of June, but it will be completely random as to whose orders they are. As I didn't order until 30/4 I'm pretty much resigned to the fact mine will be arriving around August time. I always said if it doesn't arrive 'til August then I'll wait for '63 reg.
Cancelled GTI, M135i beast mode.

Offline golfgti5

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #247 on: 07 May 2013, 17:32 »
Ordered my GTi on 19 March in The Netherlands.
My dealer confirmed that the GTi will be build in week 20, so i get MY2013.
From week 22 MY2014 will be build, electric windows on 4 doors will be standard and the GTi will cost 660 euro more.
So on one hand i'm not happy with MY2013 but on the other hand i am happy that i not have to pay an extra 660 euro.
GTI Mk7 DSG Candy White, 19" Santiagos, Discover Media, xenon, Executive Package, ACC, PDC, Park Assist, Alarm+......

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #248 on: 07 May 2013, 17:36 »
I still think some GTI's will arrive tail end of June, but it will be completely random as to whose orders they are. As I didn't order until 30/4 I'm pretty much resigned to the fact mine will be arriving around August time. I always said if it doesn't arrive 'til August then I'll wait for '63 reg.

Currently I'm assigned a build week that is first week of September but that it 'may' move forward.  My ideal delivery would be 1st September with a 63 plate.  Fingers crossed!

Offline OF1

• Not said much yet
« Reply #249 on: 07 May 2013, 17:46 »
Hi everyone, first post here.

Been watching the forum for a few weeks now, but thought i'd get involved with the fun and post my up to date experience.

I ordered my GTD 3 door manual on Saturday 27th April, trading in a Mini Cooper SD. I'd class it as my first 'proper' car, as i've just turned 24 and have usually been insured out of everything i've wanted in recent years.

The sales exec at Lookers Blackburn gave me an ETA of 1st August for delivery. At which point I would probably wait until 1st September for the 63 reg.

Chased them for a build date today, they basically said the order had been confirmed but that they didn't have a confirmed build week at this stage. They would advise me when they knew this. Tracking my order online gives me this same information.

Anyway, i'm really feeling the excitement like everybody else. I wasn't this excited when I first ever passed my driving test. Going from a Mini to a Mk7 really seems to be like going from Susan Boyle up to Kelly Brook, and i've let myself go on this one! Bring on the delivery dates!

« Last Edit: 07 May 2013, 17:49 by OF1 »
Currently Driving: Mini Cooper SD | Chilli Red | Black Roof | Often mistaken for my girlfriend's car..

Cancelled Order: Golf GTD Manual 3 Door | Pure White | Leather | Dynaudio | Reversing Camera | Service Pack