Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 318013 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #120 on: 01 May 2013, 14:12 »
Yes, in all the original press releases it said the GTD was coming later than the GTI
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #121 on: 01 May 2013, 14:15 »
I am not too overly fussed when it actually arrives to be frank, although having it tomorrow rather than in 6 months would be good. However I should have known this a month ago when I ordered

I may have made the mistake in not actually asking if they had an allocation etc, however if they tell me its going to be an early august delivery at the latest then I expect this to be the case.

Anyway, a couple of different vw dealers have told me that they all work on a 16 week delivery at the most to cover themselves. If they do not meet this vw will provide you with a replacement vehicle in the meantime. Can any of you guys tell me whether this is more bull or not ????
VW were providing cars in the mk6 days
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #122 on: 01 May 2013, 14:32 »

What do you think they'll give you?  An Up!? hehehe.

Actually I kinda like the Up!  I think my wife should have one, but I just blew all our savings on my GTI so she's not getting one anytime soon (I'm so bad).

Would be cool if they gave you a GT for a could of weeks.

Offline sam67GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #123 on: 01 May 2013, 14:39 »
I spoke to my dealer yesterday and he told me that the system has me down for Week 35 (end August!). He seems to think that the system will settle down and hopefully it might be Week 23 or something close.
VW Golf R 7.5 | 3 Door | DSG | Lapiz Blue | Black Pretorias | Dynaudio | DCC | Rear Reversing Camera | Black Mirror Caps

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #124 on: 01 May 2013, 14:45 »
I am not too overly fussed when it actually arrives to be frank, although having it tomorrow rather than in 6 months would be good. However I should have known this a month ago when I ordered

I may have made the mistake in not actually asking if they had an allocation etc, however if they tell me its going to be an early august delivery at the latest then I expect this to be the case.

Anyway, a couple of different vw dealers have told me that they all work on a 16 week delivery at the most to cover themselves. If they do not meet this vw will provide you with a replacement vehicle in the meantime. Can any of you guys tell me whether this is more bull or not ????

You only get a car 16 weeks from the date the factory accept the order on models that have been in production for more than 12 months.

Because the mk7 has been out for less than 12 months I am certain you wouldn't be given a courtesy car till 20 weeks from the date the order was accepted......

I love all these dealers almost promising 16 week delivery.........good luck managing customer expectations.....
Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #125 on: 01 May 2013, 14:51 »
I love all these dealers almost promising 16 week delivery.........good luck managing customer expectations.....

Lee, what is your estimate?  If we're talking a probably mid-august delivery or later then I'm gonna ask if I can wait for the 63 plate.  Obviously there will be some variation depending on who ordered when and what allocation the dealer had left, but lets talk 'means' here for those who ordered in the last month or so.  August or you think sooner?

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #126 on: 01 May 2013, 14:51 »

You only get a car 16 weeks from the date the factory accept the order on models that have been in production for more than 12 months.

Because the mk7 has been out for less than 12 months I am certain you wouldn't be given a courtesy car till 20 weeks from the date the order was accepted......

:grin: Amen to that!!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #127 on: 01 May 2013, 15:03 »
Am I the first with a confirmed build date?

I just contacted my dealer and he says my GTI is currently scheduled for production on Week 20, day 5! I really wasn't expecting that, judging from what I read on here.

I'm in Ireland, if that makes any shred of difference...
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #128 on: 01 May 2013, 15:04 »

Lee, what is your estimate?  If we're talking a probably mid-august delivery or later then I'm gonna ask if I can wait for the 63 plate.  Obviously there will be some variation depending on who ordered when and what allocation the dealer had left, but lets talk 'means' here for those who ordered in the last month or so.  August or you think sooner?

From the date you placed the order I would expect delivery to be in the region of 4-6 months.

Some will get lucky and get them sooner and trust me some who ordered later than the early ones may get them sooner. Once we get to actually see and drive the car then delivery times will get silly into 6 months+
Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #129 on: 01 May 2013, 15:06 »

From the date you placed the order I would expect delivery to be in the region of 4-6 months.

Wow. :shocked: Ok, good to know.  Guess I won't have to worry about getting the new plates then!
Cheers

EDIT:
Oh bugger, I just realised I'm not gonna get to use the sun roof this summer.  I am, of course, assuming we're getting a summer, which is probably a mistake in itself!
« Last Edit: 01 May 2013, 15:14 by Bill_the_Bear »