Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 316576 times)

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #80 on: 30 April 2013, 08:00 »
Week 22 is around the back end of May.  I've been told to ring my dealer to finalise spec changes w/c Monday 27th May.  Until then, nobody is going to hear anything.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #81 on: 30 April 2013, 08:14 »
Just had a thought, with the alleged build dates for the GTI and GTD commencing Week 22, and a price increase coming in on May 1st, if we were to decide to add any options to our cars before the build week was finalised, but after May 1st, would that mean the whole car would be re-priced at the May 2013 prices, or just the ordered extras ?

I'm specifically thinking that when the MY14 changes and new options are finally unveiled, there might be a couple of new gadgets we might want, but this could really affect the price. For example, on an average £30k car, the new price increase (as I understand it at 1%), would add £300 automatically to the price, so by adding a £200 option, it might actually cost you £500 !

Anyone have any idea how this works ?

Not that I'm saying I'm going to add any more options of course  :whistle: :whistle:
« Last Edit: 30 April 2013, 08:17 by Norbreck21a »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #82 on: 30 April 2013, 08:21 »
That's a really good point.  When I spoke to a guy at the dealership, it sounded like VW will price honour everything ordered prior to the price increase, but anything added after will be 1% extra.  I think I'll call today to find out.

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
« Reply #83 on: 30 April 2013, 09:00 »
This is really useful for working out build weeks:

http://www.epochconverter.com/date-and-time/weeknumbers-by-year.php
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #84 on: 30 April 2013, 09:17 »
This is really useful for working out build weeks:

http://www.epochconverter.com/date-and-time/weeknumbers-by-year.php

Very useful, thanks. My guess is that the earliest any of us will be taking delivery is mid July - at a push.
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #85 on: 30 April 2013, 09:25 »
I still think if you ordered early then it will be June.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
« Reply #86 on: 30 April 2013, 09:39 »
I still think if you ordered early then it will be June.

Depends if you've ordered direct through a VW dealer or from an online broker which tends to get passed onto a VW fleet department, like me.

I think my delivery will be more like mid-August or even early September.

I'm bracing myself for September delivery now (after reading all advice and learning a bit more about buying through an online broker (great price... longer deliver).
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #87 on: 30 April 2013, 10:42 »
Depends if you've ordered direct through a VW dealer or from an online broker which tends to get passed onto a VW fleet department, like me.

I think my delivery will be more like mid-August or even early September.

I'm bracing myself for September delivery now (after reading all advice and learning a bit more about buying through an online broker (great price... longer deliver).

63 plates though!  I actually wouldn't mind at all if it were September as I'm still saving up to pay for it.  Every month delayed is cash I don't have to borrow, woo!

And Norbreck, you better not add any more options.  They'll be running out of places to fit them on your car!  :drool: hehe

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #88 on: 30 April 2013, 10:50 »
I have a new private plate waiting for it, so I just want the car! lol

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #89 on: 30 April 2013, 11:02 »
Just had a thought, with the alleged build dates for the GTI and GTD commencing Week 22, and a price increase coming in on May 1st, if we were to decide to add any options to our cars before the build week was finalised, but after May 1st, would that mean the whole car would be re-priced at the May 2013 prices, or just the ordered extras ?

When I was looking at my last Golf just before the price increase, I was told by the dealer I would pay the price agreed i.e. the price before the increase. However if I was to add options or change the order in some way after the price increase, the only way for them to do it is to open the whole order which automatically triggers the new price for the car and extras so in effect you pay the new price for everything.

However that might not be such a bad thing as 3 of the options I picked on my recent Audi (paint, heated seats, priv glass) all came down in price with the new price list!!
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14