Author Topic: New MK7 GTI Spec on Top Gear Website  (Read 17161 times)

Offline Sean465

• Not said much yet
New MK7 GTI Spec on Top Gear Website
« on: 01 February 2012, 22:31 »

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/new-volkswagen-golf-gti-mark-7-2012-01-30

Gutted....I will be at the lights, having only just had my MK6 for a few months, and some g1t will pulll up next to me in a Mk7 with 230BHP and 260 Lb/Ft... :sick:

Offline mkviken

• I live here
Re: New MK7 GTI Spec on Top Gear Website
« Reply #1 on: 01 February 2012, 22:39 »
so its going to have an aluminium roof and bonnet. and a mechanical LSD this time :angry: bollocks.

I'm going to give my car to the mrs when its 2 year old anyway so might change then.

Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 01 February 2012, 22:41 »
New lighter gtd at 190bhp, yes please?
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline PenguinGTI

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 02 February 2012, 00:05 »
Can't wait for it  :smiley:

Offline PenguinGTI

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 02 February 2012, 00:11 »
Everything about the car in that article sounds appealing. The GTD sounds very promising, although I'm a petrol fan so will probably end up with the GTI.

But all the aspects such as lighter panels, more kit, more mechanical goodies, better torque and a reasonable power output (I can live with 230bhp), it's just sounding better and better.

Offline ScottA

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 02 February 2012, 00:23 »

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/new-volkswagen-golf-gti-mark-7-2012-01-30

Gutted....I will be at the lights, having only just had my MK6 for a few months, and some g1t will pulll up next to me in a Mk7 with 230BHP and 260 Lb/Ft... :sick:

Sounds like another excuse for a remap to me. I haven't even got my MK6 yet!

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 02 February 2012, 06:45 »
I wonder if we'll see one at gti international. Reads very well, just hope it isn't too much bigger cos its easy to lose the hot hatch feeling.

Offline danski

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 02 February 2012, 08:45 »
Funny how they talk about how much less its going to cost to manufacture....I bet the price to the customer goes up though.

I couldnt afford to buy my GTD today, dont expect to be able to afford one when the 7 comes out.
Golf GTD, 2010, 3 Door, Deep Black Pearl, Leather, RCD510, Reversing Camera, 18" Vancouvers, Storage Pack, R LED Rears, More GTECHNIQ protection than I can shake a stick at....

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 02 February 2012, 08:59 »
What you might see is an increase in front end dealer margin thus giving the dealer more to play with - hopefully! But I cant see the driver seeing a 20-30% reduction.

Offline HA54SYM`

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 02 February 2012, 12:20 »
I agree, I think dealers will get more margin to play with on the mk7.

I think dealers and in particular UK dealers must have moaned like hell back at VW as they have been left with not a lot to play with, and having to have the price rises on top, which they know is killing new sales.

Therefore if they can cut production costs, and keep similar list levels as now they have more room for deals when needed and profits for them when not.

Time to start driving hard bargins I say then!

Dave
94 - Roversport Tomcat Racecar