Author Topic: Random immobiliser fault code? Solved  (Read 3106 times)

Offline beppe2672

• Here all the time
Random immobiliser fault code? Solved
« on: 10 November 2013, 10:26 »
Had a bit of a strange fault occur the other day, just thought I'd share it with you guys in case it happens to any of you.

Jumped in my car on Friday to drive home, turned the key, nothing happened, got the jump leads out, still no joy. Got the laptop plugged in with VCDS, 1 fault code, it was coming up with an immobiliser fault. Tried cold booting the car, fault code still coming up. Seen as though the car wasn't even cranking I thought it must be an issue with the immobiliser it's self. So I pulled the dash apart. Immobiliser was good, harness was good transponder ring was good. At this point I was pretty stumped. So I thought sod it, ill check the starter motor just in case, solenoid was knackered, I guess it was creating enough of a voltage drop to make the car throw up an immob fault! Replaced the starter and it was all good! Immob fault proper threw me off!
« Last Edit: 10 November 2013, 10:59 by Wazzzer »
1999 1.8t AGU, KNN Panel filter, Smoothed air box, Custom CAI, Forge 007 dv, REVO stage 1, 3" eBay TBE. Audi TT quickrack.

To come - A DIY hybrid K03 and a whole lot of supporting mods!

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
Re: Bit of a random fault, solved
« Reply #1 on: 10 November 2013, 10:58 »
Nice one mate, will chuck this in the maintenance section :afro:

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175