Author Topic: Seen one on the road  (Read 11535 times)

Offline richie2480

• GTI forum regular
Re:Seen one on the road
« Reply #30 on: 17 January 2004, 11:31 »
aw a German plated GTI driving around today, im lucky enough to live near to VW HQ. Looked like it was packed full of press types. Left me standing on the dual cariageway. Think it looks od though.

My girlfriend works at the VW/Audi HQ in Milton Keynes and I saw a couple parked up there when I picked her up from work. I do not like it at all it looks too much like a Peugeot 307.

Offline red16v

• Not said much yet
« Reply #31 on: 18 January 2004, 19:37 »
Seen one ? - I saw 20 today !!. Happened to be having lunch at an upmarket country hotel restaurant in Hampshire today and there was a display of absolutely immaculate Golfs from the Mk1 to the Mk5.  To the side was 20 or so Mk5s of different colours. The featured model (on the grass entrance) was a 1.9 TDI in what I would describe as similar to Tornado red. I understand the cars have been there for a few days (and a few days next week) I think it is a 'private' launch for journos. Had a close look at the 1.9 TDI - I must say I was impressed by the overall styling - much better in the flesh than in the photos I have seen. Internally was a bit tame (but it was a non leather etc) with quite a few minor hangovers from the Mk4 - interestingly the curved dash arrangement has been straightened out. Given time, I personally think it will be a success 'shape wise'.

Lucky old me !! - they were cleaning the 'test drive cars' presumably for tomorrow's batch of drivers. Regards, yt.

Offline Mk2Gti8v

• Not said much yet
« Reply #32 on: 22 January 2004, 15:01 »
Theres one in milton keynes shopping center (well was last weekend) in the little motor show they have got there. it's from wayside and is the GT TDi from what i can remember in a silvery colour
« Last Edit: 22 January 2004, 15:01 by Mk2Gti8v »