Author Topic: Help please regarding fitting Alloys  (Read 2623 times)

Offline Jamie-H

• Just got here
Help please regarding fitting Alloys
« on: 07 September 2004, 17:58 »
I have a Mk 5 TDI and have just bought a set of MK4 R32 wheels.

Trouble is they dont fit, the offset is different. Apparently the old MK 4 was 5 to 100 and I need 5 - 112mm. 

Does anyone know if there is a wheel or stud adaptor that can help me overcome this problem. Is there anyway I can use the wheels I purchased on my MK 5 or is what the guy said at the garage right - I will just have to sell them?

Grateful for any ideas

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
Re: Help please regarding fitting Alloys
« Reply #1 on: 08 September 2004, 09:53 »
there probably are adaptors out there that would do the trick, but if it were me i'd sell them and buy the proper fitment, wouldnt want adaptors on a brand new car for the sake of vw OE wheels.

kniterider

« Reply #2 on: 25 September 2004, 15:28 »
hmmmm, so sneaky vw have decided to change the stud pattern to the same as the rest of the range?? good in some cases as fook off audi wheels will fit.i agree with topher, sell em and get some wheels to fit the stud pattern.

Gaz 8)

Offline umar

• Just got here
« Reply #3 on: 25 February 2005, 09:20 »
Hey guys,

I have the same problem, I also have a Mrk 5 golf but I want to fit 19" Breyton Wheels which are for BMW's 5 x 120. I am also looking for a converter to fit these wheels. I have had no luck on the net but I am sure these are available somewhere.

If you guys know where I can get these please let me know.

Umar

PS I think it is worth the effort to fit different wheels on the Golf.