Author Topic: 2018 GTI PP Isaac Blue 7.5 3 door .. GTechniq treatments completed  (Read 9033 times)

Offline Zermatt

• Not said much yet
Re: 2018 Isaac Blue 7.5 3 door .. back in the GTI World
« Reply #30 on: 10 February 2019, 14:18 »
Cheers pick it up this week - looking forward to getting to know it throughout the spring.

2018 |Isaac Blue GTI| 3 Door |Manual |Art Velour| Bresicas
2018 | Alpine A110 Premiere Edition
2005 | Graphite Blue Mk V GTi- long gone but not forgotten

Offline Zermatt

• Not said much yet
« Reply #31 on: 16 February 2019, 10:04 »
Picked the car up this week.

Delighted with the spec combination on it really like the colour contrast of the dark blue against the red accents on the lights and grille as well as the Art Velour interior.

Getting used to the drive in comparison to the Fiesta ST I had before, the turn in on the Golfs OEM rubber  is not as precise as the Fiesta ST  but the engine note and interior are a big step up.

I’ve seen a lot of discussion about the 19” ride requiring adaptive suspension - so far I’m happy with the standard set up - I don’t find it overly firm , less firm than the Fiesta and the 911 we had till last year .

Hopeful to find out more about it this weekend on a drive out in the Scottish Highlands.

Offline Zermatt

• Not said much yet
« Reply #32 on: 16 March 2019, 14:46 »
So 4 weeks in with the GTI, I’m delighted with it and as it clicks round to 1600 miles after a 600 mike round trip to visit some friends last weekend and watch a stage of the Malcolm Wilson Rally it covered ground brilliantly on some pretty wet motorways.

The Adaptive cruise control worked really well and the TFT screen works well and I’ve kind of settled on the Nav in the centre- I would like it to allow you to show the nav in the middle when Apple CarPlay is showing the map on the centre console.

I bought one of the thick rubber mats for the boot as recommended on this forum and was really pleased by the quality and the thickness.

The standard stereo is ok in this type of car as the exhaust note shines through on twisty sections.

A very happy Mk7.5 GTi customer it’s an excellent modern day hot hatch.

Next step is to get the car booked in for a GTechniq protection at the detailer I use- looking forward to the results.

« Last Edit: 16 March 2019, 14:47 by Zermatt »

Offline Zermatt

• Not said much yet
So finally got the GTi booked in for a GTechniq Crystal Serum Detail at AMDetails in Elgin this week picked it yesterday I’m delighted by the depth the detail has added to the colour.

Not worked out how to embed photos into a post on here yet but hopefully this Flickr link works of some photos in the detailing bay then out and about yesterday.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/181641601@N07/?

AM Details have done a number of detailing jobs for me over the years and the quality is always brilliant.
I’ve elected for the interior package and wheels of treatments to keep the Bresicas in good order.

« Last Edit: 26 May 2019, 11:39 by Zermatt »