Author Topic: Dealer putting in too much PSI  (Read 6047 times)

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
Re: Dealer putting in too much PSI
« Reply #30 on: 04 August 2020, 18:57 »
3 pages about a dealer putting the wrong pressure in a tyre.....we really are running out of things to say on the forum now aren't we  :D :D

:grin: If I found the dealer had put too much air in my tyres, I’d just adjust it; easily remedied.

Do people really check the pressure before and after a visit to the dealer

I check everything after a visit to the dealer - especially oil level after a service. They're supposed to top to the max, twice they've replaced oil with just enough to get oil beyond min on the district,. Lookers have chipped and scraped bodywork and said nowt on 2 separate occasions
 Lookers around Tyneside are sh!te!

Do you really check tyre pressures though

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #31 on: 04 August 2020, 19:59 »
I do. I like mine done properly by myself.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #32 on: 04 August 2020, 20:46 »

Do you check them in the dealers car park or when you get home

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #33 on: 04 August 2020, 21:04 »

Yep. At times though you can tell they're miles off (usually 4-5psi too high) with the hardness of the ride.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #34 on: 04 August 2020, 21:39 »

Yep. At times though you can tell they're miles off (usually 4-5psi too high) with the hardness of the ride.

F**k I thought I was anal checking weekly and checking anything done by the stealers but I’d never check tyre pressure right after a service as I’ve never known a technician that could be arsed checking a customers unless they seen a tyre pressure warning

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #35 on: 04 August 2020, 22:46 »

I have checked pressures in the dealer car park before but usually check them at home after.

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #36 on: 05 August 2020, 00:22 »

I have checked pressures in the dealer car park before but usually check them at home after.

Would you have complained if they had been a couple of psi out of spec

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #37 on: 05 August 2020, 05:54 »

F**k I thought I was anal checking weekly and checking anything done by the stealers but I’d never check tyre pressure right after a service as I’ve never known a technician that could be arsed checking a customers unless they seen a tyre pressure warning

If your dealers service was as bad as some of mine, you'd check everything and call it prudent rather than anal.

You pay £90 an hour for labour and generally get someone who knows f**k all about cars working on them.

They know only what the computer tells them to do.

High air pressure is not something I'd bring up in complaint with the dealers though, I'd just adjust (a good few hours after the car has been static to ensure I was reading cold pressures, as psi goes up 3-4 in use).

One more thing to add to the signage when you take your car in?

" Please don't wash my car with your gritty sponge...and leave the tyre pressures alone!".  :grin:
« Last Edit: 05 August 2020, 06:00 by monkeyhanger »
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #38 on: 05 August 2020, 07:03 »

Would you have complained if they had been a couple of psi out of spec
  :grin: :grin: no

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #39 on: 05 August 2020, 11:10 »

If your dealers service was as bad as some of mine, you'd check everything and call it prudent rather than anal.

You pay £90 an hour for labour and generally get someone who knows f**k all about cars working on them.

They know only what the computer tells them to do.

High air pressure is not something I'd bring up in complaint with the dealers though, I'd just adjust (a good few hours after the car has been static to ensure I was reading cold pressures, as psi goes up 3-4 in use).

One more thing to add to the signage when you take your car in?

" Please don't wash my car with your gritty sponge...and leave the tyre pressures alone!".  :grin:

I’ve had some pretty shocking dealings with Glasgow Audi and Vw in Glasgow a few times so know what you mean  :grin: