Author Topic: Android Auto Audio Question  (Read 4282 times)

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
Re: Android Auto Audio Question
« Reply #20 on: 16 August 2019, 13:06 »
About the only thing that I'm not overly impressed on with the new AA layout is that it always defaults to map view on starting up. I tend to use AA with either Tune-In Radio or Spotify so it would be nice if it defaulted to that (or at least gave em the option to) ?
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Catnapper

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #21 on: 17 August 2019, 15:15 »
Updated for me too. Looks good.
One thing. Anyone found shuffle button for Spotify
Weird. Came up after unplugging and plugging back in
MK7.5 Indium Grey 19" Brescia Alloys

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 18 August 2019, 16:26 »

If shuffle is on, it'll replace the "previous" button. If it's not, it's under the 3 dot menu

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #23 on: 19 August 2019, 07:40 »
Im totally confused on this. Last week I went into the AA settings via the app on my phone and enabled the option to try the new update. Then plugged my phone into the car and I had the new AA interface.

Went to work the next day as usual plugged my phone in, but AA was now the old interface. Ive been through the AA settings on my phone and cannot see the option to try the new update anymore. Manually updated the AA app via the Play Store and still I cant seem to get the newer interface back.

Any ideas?
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
« Reply #24 on: 19 August 2019, 08:53 »

If shuffle is on, it'll replace the "previous" button. If it's not, it's under the 3 dot menu

It seems to be when you are playing your first track, there is no need for a previous track button so it shows the shuffle logo there (whether shuffle is on or not as far as I can tell). This may have been why you could see it again when you unplugged and plugged back in...

Then when you are on track two onwards, the previous track button appears and you will need to look under the 3 dot menu for shuffle as sjw says.
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
« Reply #25 on: 19 August 2019, 09:07 »
Im totally confused on this. Last week I went into the AA settings via the app on my phone and enabled the option to try the new update. Then plugged my phone into the car and I had the new AA interface.

Went to work the next day as usual plugged my phone in, but AA was now the old interface. Ive been through the AA settings on my phone and cannot see the option to try the new update anymore. Manually updated the AA app via the Play Store and still I cant seem to get the newer interface back.

Any ideas?

How odd, what version does it say you are using on the app?
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
« Reply #26 on: 19 August 2019, 09:09 »
About the only thing that I'm not overly impressed on with the new AA layout is that it always defaults to map view on starting up. I tend to use AA with either Tune-In Radio or Spotify so it would be nice if it defaulted to that (or at least gave em the option to) ?

I agree Sootchucker and lots of others are saying the same. There's a forum for issues and suggestions here-->

https://support.google.com/androidauto/community/?hl=en&gpf=%23!forum%2Fandroid-auto
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 19 August 2019, 09:26 »

Any ideas?

The new AA is a server side switch. It's not tied directly to app version number, it doesn't matter whether you have a Google phone, a Samsung phone, etc. Google decide when you get it. Why it would go backwards, I don't know, but I don't think you'll find a way to force it back. You could try clearing the cache etc, but that'd be pot luck if it helped or not, and it might work for some and not others