Author Topic: Wing Mirror Advice  (Read 7302 times)

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
Re: Wing Mirror Advice
« Reply #10 on: 12 March 2019, 10:32 »

Definitely I'd go with the VW OEM gloss black covers though - I quite fancy those anyway and you have the perfect chance to do it now and not feel like you've spent money replacing a perfectly good part :-)

I'd agree!

Got mine from here: https://vdsshop.co.uk/products/gloss-black-mirror-covers-for-mk7-golf

NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Toppy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 12 March 2019, 15:41 »
Thank you all for the advice, I have ordered a pair of used VW original power folding ones from eBay as suggested by barrym381 and after studying a few YouTube vids I will fit them myself.
I will post pictures once they are on the car.
Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 12 March 2019, 17:36 »
Good man.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Online barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 12 March 2019, 17:55 »
Thank you all for the advice, I have ordered a pair of used VW original power folding ones from eBay as suggested by barrym381 and after studying a few YouTube vids I will fit them myself.

Did you buy that pair local to me  :smiley: and if your doing it yourself just take your time it's not hard couple of screws and a t20 torque bit  :smiley:

Offline Toppy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 12 March 2019, 22:26 »

Did you buy that pair local to me  :smiley: and if your doing it yourself just take your time it's not hard couple of screws and a t20 torque bit  :smiley:

Yeah mate they looked really good. Thanks I have watched a couple of YouTube clips and have bought a set of trim tools & some spare panel clips

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 13 March 2019, 07:38 »
Well done for taking this on. As said, door mirrors are not a bad job to tackle. The second one will be an absolute doddle! Good Luck with it. Let us know how it goes. 😊
Roger.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 13 March 2019, 10:43 »
If you can fix a mirror, you can fix a bike. If you can fix a bike, then you can fix a car. If you can fix a car you can learn to fix a Lynx mark 8 helicopter.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 13 March 2019, 12:23 »
If you can fix a mirror, you can fix a bike. If you can fix a bike, then you can fix a car. If you can fix a car you can learn to fix a Lynx mark 8 helicopter.

It’s mostly about confidence, isn’t it? 🙂
Roger.

Online barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 15 March 2019, 19:01 »
Did you have any luck changing these  :smiley:

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 15 March 2019, 20:02 »
😂🤣😂