Author Topic: The Photography Thread, back again by popular demand!  (Read 264140 times)

Offline shepgti

• I live here
Re: The Photography Thread, back again by popular demand!
« Reply #1470 on: 13 July 2011, 18:24 »

DSC_0021-2 by shepgti, on Flickr

Offline Stronz

• I live here
  • Sold!
« Reply #1471 on: 14 July 2011, 01:01 »
Took this one on Sunday (only just getting around to posting up pics to Flickr). It's a bit of a rough edit at the moment but I am too tired to improve it tonight.

Air Horn 221 by The_Stronz, on Flickr

Ideally needed a longer zoom lens (other than the 18-55) and am now looking to get a monopod. In hindsight, practicing panning on F1 cars wasn't a great idea....should have started with something a bit slower!

Feedback welcome and the rest of the set (so far) is here for anyone interested: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjviwB4p

I had a peek around the BRDC members car park which was interesting. They will go up too soon.

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
« Reply #1472 on: 14 July 2011, 08:03 »
That reminds me of a photo I took a couple of weeks ago.

Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline Ridg

• I live here
  • TDI - Soot Happens!
« Reply #1473 on: 14 July 2011, 09:37 »
Took this one on Sunday (only just getting around to posting up pics to Flickr). It's a bit of a rough edit at the moment but I am too tired to improve it tonight.

Air Horn 221 by The_Stronz, on Flickr

Ideally needed a longer zoom lens (other than the 18-55) and am now looking to get a monopod. In hindsight, practicing panning on F1 cars wasn't a great idea....should have started with something a bit slower!

Feedback welcome and the rest of the set (so far) is here for anyone interested: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjviwB4p

I had a peek around the BRDC members car park which was interesting. They will go up too soon.

the majority of your car shots are all dead centre, if you compare this to;

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stronz/5934891901/in/set-72157627064763153

the car has plenty of room to move into so has a strong suggested movement and direction, the others looks quite static, try a crop on them and see if you prefer the result  :smiley:

the air horn is probably the best out the bunch, i'd probably increase the red slightly as it's quite orangey at the moment.

Offline shepgti

• I live here
« Reply #1474 on: 14 July 2011, 09:55 »
I would have used a slightly slower shutter speed to get some nice motion blur to give the picture a feeling of the speed they travel!

Offline Stronz

• I live here
  • Sold!
« Reply #1475 on: 14 July 2011, 10:48 »
Thanks for that guys!

Will try re-cropping a few tonight (still have loads I havent even sorted through yet).

Offline ELCAP1TAN0

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1476 on: 14 July 2011, 21:11 »
Having done no photography in the past I bought an old secondhand eos 300d for my honeymoon, which the auto focus died after 2 days so had to manual focus over 2000 photos  :( however I started playing and over 2 weeks started to self teach myself. let me know what you think of this small selection. none are edited as thats what I'm going to teach myself next when Imy iMac tuns up in a week or so.

I enjoyed taking photo's and playing so much I've just ordered a EOS 60D also. Hope you enjoy, any comments on where to improve what I can do to make better please say, I won't take it to heart.... much.  Considering I was teaching myself on the fly over 2 weeks and manual focus through a crap eyepiece I don't think I done too bad!

IMG_4745 by martynfrancis, on Flickr

IMG_5438 by martynfrancis, on Flickr

IMG_4507 by martynfrancis, on Flickr

IMG_4176 by martynfrancis, on Flickr

IMG_4295 by martynfrancis, on Flickr

IMG_5273 by martynfrancis, on Flickr

« Last Edit: 14 July 2011, 21:19 by ELCAP1TAN0 »

Offline Winso

• Here all the time
« Reply #1477 on: 14 July 2011, 21:52 »
Nice pics, I'd say you've done well all things considered.

Good to see someone else from Norwich too!

Here's a bit of tonights awesome sunset from my window...

Offline ELCAP1TAN0

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1478 on: 14 July 2011, 21:55 »
Thanks! Wow, how did you do that, looks more like Mordor than the sky over Norwich!!looks awesome

Offline Winso

• Here all the time
« Reply #1479 on: 14 July 2011, 22:02 »
No photoshoppery on this one, that's how the sky genuinely looked about an hour ago!