Author Topic: Tatty Corrado - holistic healing continues  (Read 78555 times)

Offline Matty-MK3

• I live here
  • Automatic boats FTW.
Re: Dirty black Corrado
« Reply #10 on: 24 October 2009, 21:00 »
Meh.

Don't anti-lower it.

I'm sure it will be fine once it's had a Diamond Hell treatment.

Golf MK3 1.8 auto and I didn't pay a grand for the "priveledge" :grin:, auto windows all round and a AC. Oh and I've got a luggage net you pricks!

Does that make my willy look bigger?

Oh yeah it's called Helda or something....

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
« Reply #11 on: 24 October 2009, 21:03 »
You really don't have any idea about me if you think I'm going to let ride height interfere with driving pleasure.
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline Matty-MK3

• I live here
  • Automatic boats FTW.
« Reply #12 on: 24 October 2009, 21:27 »
Fair point, but surely a decent suspension set up (even 60mm) would be comfortable and would go around corners that little bit better & less roll or am I mistaken?
Golf MK3 1.8 auto and I didn't pay a grand for the "priveledge" :grin:, auto windows all round and a AC. Oh and I've got a luggage net you pricks!

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #13 on: 24 October 2009, 21:28 »
you are mistaken , certainly from DHs viewpoint  :grin: :laugh: :wink:

Offline Matty-MK3

• I live here
  • Automatic boats FTW.
« Reply #14 on: 24 October 2009, 21:33 »
Maybe so.

Dunno how the Corrado handles stock though, so I guess my viewpoint is irrelevant. :grin:

Bet Nick misses the spoiler. :grin:

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #15 on: 24 October 2009, 21:35 »
Bet Nick misses the spoiler. :grin:

Yes I do, infact I miss the whole car. Even when they give you hassle they make you grin when you go out for a drive and people stop and look.

nick

Offline Matty-MK3

• I live here
  • Automatic boats FTW.
« Reply #16 on: 24 October 2009, 21:50 »
Was a very nice car.

I am seriously considering another car. Me & the missus share the '3. I cycle to work but I'm seriously considering a new car or two. Either get a MK2 or a Corrado like this (as it's lovely) or something newer and practical.

Dunno whether to keep the '3 or sell it and get something newer but auto for the wife :rolleyes: and then me have an older one.

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
« Reply #17 on: 24 October 2009, 21:59 »
Matty, Get her a auto Sharan (works well if her name is Sharan  :wink: if not get her a birthday pressie in the form of a name change via depoll  :laugh: ).

Passat B5.5 2.3 V5 170, with all the extras.

Want some online storage? Click here to sign up for a Dropbox account.

But for the purest engine experience, displacement has no replacement. All other methods are simply attempts to artificially recreate the benefits of displacement.

Offline Matty-MK3

• I live here
  • Automatic boats FTW.
« Reply #18 on: 24 October 2009, 22:01 »
Her, Sharan.

Car even BIGGER then a Golf MK3, traveling down a country lane fairly frequently, auto. :shocked:

Do you REALLY want that on the same roads?

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
« Reply #19 on: 24 October 2009, 22:07 »
Since I've had it over here I've seen one other, that's all.

That in itself makes the driving experience pretty special.  Plus people genuinely do look long and hard at it.

Now, I could be content with that: creepng about the place, soaking up the people checking the car out, but that's not what I'm about (although the wife would be happy with that for the car, to be honest  :grin:).

The Isle of Wight has rough and sinuous roads which I know very well and love driving.  This is why I'm going to be getting back to stock height - that way I can drive swiftly and have what is my idea of fun, which is quite a lot about slip-angles.

As well as higher than current suspension this also calls for a seriously high level of attention to the maintenance of the vehicle, hence the forthcoming rolling resto.

The Corrado was built to be driven and that's precisely what this is going to get used for.
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.