Author Topic: Bulks Mk2  (Read 3936 times)

Offline bulk66

• I live here
  • Im broke an it aint a joke!!!!
Bulks Mk2
« on: 02 August 2011, 07:13 »
Well i have been driving a nice clean Mk3 16v that was untill some **** at a garage blow up my engine well thats another story, my mate has had this Mk2 8v GTi sat on his drive for about a year so i had it off him it was very dirty and faded but after spending all weekend on her shes come up a treat looks really well these are the befor pics ill put some more on later..... :smiley:

After a bit of spit and polish  :smiley:

« Last Edit: 28 August 2011, 22:21 by bulk66 »

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
Re: Bulks Mk2
« Reply #1 on: 02 August 2011, 09:45 »
That looks alright!  :cool:

Is it in good working order, any plans for it?

Offline bulk66

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 02 August 2011, 15:10 »
Yes mate its all good to say its been sat for so long only real bad point is the door hinge has snapped so ya have to be careful and it did have a oil leak but this just turned out to be the oil filter so changed that and the rocker cover gasket coz that had seen better days, got wheels balanced and it needs a wheel bearing other than that just a bit of tidying needed really.

No real big plans at the moment just getting her tidy and clean i might change the wheels to some 15s or 16s im not %100 on the 17s I got offered some 14s but they not go over the big breaks on the front (VR6 calipers and 16v disks ive been told????:smiley:

Offline CCGTI

• I live here
  • Fueled Society
« Reply #3 on: 02 August 2011, 16:56 »
looks nice, thinking of a mk2 project end of next year for myself

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #4 on: 02 August 2011, 22:14 »
Yes mate its all good to say its been sat for so long only real bad point is the door hinge has snapped so ya have to be careful and it did have a oil leak but this just turned out to be the oil filter so changed that and the rocker cover gasket coz that had seen better days, got wheels balanced and it needs a wheel bearing other than that just a bit of tidying needed really.

No real big plans at the moment just getting her tidy and clean i might change the wheels to some 15s or 16s im not %100 on the 17s I got offered some 14s but they not go over the big breaks on the front (VR6 calipers and 16v disks ive been told????:smiley:

That's what's on mine, I believe you can fit most 14" wheels over the callipers but it will be tight. 

16" max for a MK2 IMO, most 17s on a car like this just look sh*te!

Offline bulk66

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 03 August 2011, 06:44 »
Yes mate im with you on that one, Mk2 = 15s or 16s, not sure what to go for, quight fancy some Ats Cups or Ronal turbos some banded steels would be nice, not sure at the moment.