Author Topic: cняis's orange mk2 VR6 - Dash out P.42  (Read 84476 times)

Offline cняis

• I live here
  • Know there's something burning over there...
Re: cняis's orange mk2 VR6 - Dash out P.42
« Reply #450 on: 06 June 2011, 18:08 »
Nice one.... How far are you going with the electrics?  What's urgent?

Nothing's urgent in the sense that it all works, but some of the connections especially fusebox end (with the VR6 loom integration) dont look great. Some wires are joined with chocolate blocks  :lipsrsealed:

The plan is to remove wires one by one and solder/heatshrink them properly  :smiley:

Oh and the fusebox seems to be getting about 10v so theres probably an earth issue, as the +ve feed gets a strong 12v (previously tested)

I know this is boring stuff but it needs doing  :sick:

Not boring at all, it's detail... i'd rather write/read stuff like this than "oooh iv'e just polished my car again and fitted a new sticker!"  :wink:

At least with mine it still runs on OEM stuff that in places I've upgraded when I replaced it all.  You have to be a bit more careful with the MK2 and VR6 wireing mixed together.  I would imagine looking stuff up and cross referencing it all can be a pain.

You must hate my thread then :grin:

Good progress Chris....rather you than me! :cool:

No Dom, rather YOU than ME!  :tongue: :grin:

^^^^  Didn't know you had any?  :grin:

Cheeky mofo!
« Last Edit: 06 June 2011, 18:10 by cняis »

I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #451 on: 06 June 2011, 19:37 »
Good luck sorting the looms fella

mine  wasnt that bad (apart from having to sort all the S3 loom out) but whilst the dash was out iv got mine very tidy and to my standards, so i know exactly how u are thinking in terms of wanting to tidy it all up

Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline Egg On Toast

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #452 on: 06 June 2011, 19:40 »
Looking good mate, when will I actually see it again though as apposed to just hearing about it? The mean streets of wincanton are not the same without the tangerine dream machine on them! get it sorted ;)

Offline cняis

• I live here
« Reply #453 on: 06 June 2011, 20:11 »
Looking good mate, when will I actually see it again though as apposed to just hearing about it? The mean streets of wincanton are not the same without the tangerine dream machine on them! get it sorted ;)

Haha ok dan, you'll have to come for a spin when its all done, show those morrison's car park boys how its done  :cool:

Offline Egg On Toast

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #454 on: 06 June 2011, 20:59 »
tbf, I think my 8 valver could show them a thing or 2! but yes, I'd love a ride in the animal!

Offline Mr Blue

• Forum addict
« Reply #455 on: 06 June 2011, 22:39 »
strong work  :smiley:
:)

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #456 on: 06 June 2011, 23:32 »
good progress your at a good stage that its only teething problems.. i would find that soldering job quite relaxing lol (im sad i know )
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline cняis

• I live here
« Reply #457 on: 07 June 2011, 00:16 »
good progress your at a good stage that its only teething problems.. i would find that soldering job quite relaxing lol (im sad i know )

Take a couple of days out and head west! Give us a hand (and some much needed motivation!) :cool:

strong work  :smiley:

Thanks although its nothing like your beauty and never will be, but hey I'm trying to get it up to some kind of standard and it feels rewarding :smiley:

On a similar note the blower box is back in, the clips and bolts are secured and the heater pipes are on. Its coming together now. The dash is on the dining room floor awaiting packaging, then it will be off to be flocked  :smiley:

Offline Neo Badness

• I live here
  • Feet are for pedals
« Reply #458 on: 09 June 2011, 17:05 »
Good work. It's faffy fiddly work but will provide years of trouble free motoring :cool:

And I too enjoy reading threads where people do stuff rather than polish it again. It's possibly just sour grapes on my part :grin:

You don't own a Mk2, you support it.

Offline cняis

• I live here
« Reply #459 on: 09 June 2011, 23:41 »
Good work. It's faffy fiddly work but will provide years of trouble free motoring :cool:

And I too enjoy reading threads where people do stuff rather than polish it again. It's possibly just sour grapes on my part :grin:

Ha I'm just the same, I havent got the inclination to keep polishing  :lipsrsealed:

Not much has happened other than I've stripped the vents out of the dash, which is on the dining room floor  :laugh:. Oh and the mk3 clocks need mounting properly so I'm going to modify some brackets to suit. Anythings better than string  :lipsrsealed: