Author Topic: Mk2 8v Alpine White not for long  (Read 13495 times)

Offline Dan34

• I live here
  • VTEC Powerzzzz
Re: Mk2 8v Alpine White not for long
« Reply #10 on: 12 October 2009, 15:48 »
innit, just gota get my corrado stripped and shipped off to the scrap yard to free up the space and bring in the money, then hopefully have the golf ready for when the polo dies of MOT failure lol, and i right tripped out when i say ure signature photo, thats my mums splitty in the back ground, musta bin a dodgy dubbers meet

haha yep was at the dodgy dubbers show thing in terrington  :smiley:

Dan

Offline Baylez8v

• Here all the time
« Reply #11 on: 22 January 2010, 19:11 »
right, a bit of an update, got the golf up on stilts ther day, and inspected to get her ready for an MOT as ive got no car at the mo, gonna swap all 4 legs for the bilstein ones i pulled off my old 'rado, including the hubs and brakes, so i sort all suspension and brake issues as well as uprating, gotta drill out one of the bolts on the back of the subframe that holds the antiroll bar in place as this snapped last time we were under it, and ive got a 16v clutch going spare so was gonna see if that solved my clutch probem, if not im sure 80 quid will fix that, just gotta sort out a 4th shock as one of the bilsteins in bolloxed due to the accident i had which wrote the 'rado off, but spring is still good so im hoping

Offline Baylez8v

• Here all the time
« Reply #12 on: 22 January 2010, 21:19 »
found the replacemnt shock, but dont have the 130 quid to pay for it, so i got a stainless intake pipe instead  :laugh:

Offline Baylez8v

• Here all the time
« Reply #13 on: 22 January 2010, 22:47 »
and now a gear linkage repair kit..... at least im doing something

Offline Baylez8v

• Here all the time
« Reply #14 on: 24 January 2010, 17:58 »
shebang, 3 bilsteins in place and all the rado valver brakes, seperated the fooked shock from the mangled porsche d90 it was still attached to, sent the shock off to be re-welded (i hope it works cos i cant afford any bilstien parts) clutch is next job and plumb the brakes in with new lines and master cylinder

Offline Baylez8v

• Here all the time
« Reply #15 on: 30 January 2010, 21:55 »
nothing done due to weather and availability of help, oh and money. still havent heard anything bout my shock  :sad: .should be stealing mums cammera tommorow get some photos up, but for now, heres an old one from when she was sat on bricks and id just stripped the bonnet.

and a few even older ones next to ma mums mk1 cab

Offline Baylez8v

• Here all the time
« Reply #16 on: 01 March 2010, 15:02 »
ugh, weather has forced me to actually do something today, damn sun. so shes all jacked up and ready to have to gear box fall out to try and identify why the clutch pedal suddenly hit the floor and wouldnt come back up, 4th bilstien should also be back from repair shortly so that can go on, maybe shud plumb the rado valver brakes in too s i can drive it to a garage to have the subframe bolt drilled out and replaced then theres just the small matter of tax and mot and she will live agian

oh and i can only hope that the sudden decision not to idle anymore is down the fuel gauge lying to me, cos  i cannot be bothered to start pissing around with the isv and idle switched and screws and other bollox

Offline Dan34

• I live here
  • VTEC Powerzzzz
« Reply #17 on: 01 March 2010, 17:25 »
Just looking at them pics above, i realised i came past your house a few times latley, wondered why there was loads of dubs parked there, like a vw graveyard  :grin:, my mate lives up the road with the blue a3 and now got a white caddy van.

Hope you get clutch sorted.

Offline Baylez8v

• Here all the time
« Reply #18 on: 02 March 2010, 10:31 »
yeh theres an a3 at end of my road with german style plates, yeh, weve had a bit of a clear out recently, im running low on cars.
cutch not sorted yet, could possibly be another gear box, which is gash as i only put that one on it a few weeks before it went off the road. but not too work there not exactly hard to come by

Offline Baylez8v

• Here all the time
« Reply #19 on: 11 June 2010, 12:06 »
i love finding this thread after a few months.....

so, the golfs had a lot of work done in the last month or so.

new pushrod mech on back of gear box, new clutch, new clutch cable.

new gear linkage and bushes.

4th bilstien now in place

3 porsche d90s (waiting for other to be repaired)

new top mounts and ball joints.

oil, filter, plugs, gearbox oil, sump bung,

started operation cans of mat black.

new rear badge.

new vacuum pipe system

still waiting on standard air box and new mirrors from geebay

pending new back box mods as hangers and bend dont match up.