Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2740035 times)

Offline monsta

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #800 on: 19 March 2014, 19:15 »
Thanks for the pics and the review Joe, that looks spot on to me  :smiley:

Definitely going to give this consideration. Was it a local garage that fitted them for you?

A local VW dealership did it!

Interesting, how much did they charge you?   I thought that I had gone off this idea but after seeing your photos I might be about to change my mind.  I like the way they don't look too low!

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #801 on: 19 March 2014, 19:21 »
Thanks for the pics and the review Joe, that looks spot on to me  :smiley:

Definitely going to give this consideration. Was it a local garage that fitted them for you?

A local VW dealership did it!

Did you order the parts through them Joe and did they mention if it would affect the warranty at all?

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #802 on: 19 March 2014, 19:28 »
They charged me €250 and it was kinda a 2-for-1 deal. 2 of us got it done.
The job included an alignment check and it took the guts of 4 hours overall.

I supplied the springs myself. The dealers had no issue doing the job  although customer supplied parts was unusual for them. Warranty wasn't even mentioned. They have a cabinet full of VWR merchandise and the service manager was wearing a VWR jacket  :grin:
As far as we're all concerned, they are VW springs fitted by a VW dealer  :smiley:

I love how it looks. To me it looks OEM. The rear end of the car in particular just sits a bit too high as standard and this fixes that without any compromise in ride quality IMO.
« Last Edit: 19 March 2014, 19:30 by JoeGTI »
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #803 on: 19 March 2014, 19:36 »

I supplied the springs myself. The dealers had no issue doing the job  although customer supplied parts was unusual for them. Warranty wasn't even mentioned. They have a cabinet full of VWR merchandise and the service manager was wearing a VWR jacket  :grin:
As far as we're all concerned, they are VW springs fitted by a VW dealer  :smiley:

I love how it looks. To me it looks OEM. The rear end of the car in particular just sits a bit too high as standard and this fixes that without any compromise in ride quality IMO.

Thanks Joe

I had noticed at my dealership that most of them were wearing the VWR tops and had asked if they would order and fit the springs. The impression I got was that they would fit them for me but the guy I spoke to didn't even realise that VWR provided car parts  :huh: :huh:

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #804 on: 19 March 2014, 19:44 »

Thanks Joe

I had noticed at my dealership that most of them were wearing the VWR tops and had asked if they would order and fit the springs. The impression I got was that they would fit them for me but the guy I spoke to didn't even realise that VWR provided car parts  :huh: :huh:

Haha that doesn't surprise me!
Getting the springs was an ordeal in itself. I ordered them at the turn of the year from APR but they messed me around for a month with "supply issues". It turned out APR have lost the VWR franchise and now Awesome GTI have it. So if you want to get them, contact Awesome GTI...

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #805 on: 19 March 2014, 19:46 »

Thanks Joe

Getting the springs was an ordeal in itself. I ordered them at the turn of the year from APR but they messed me around for a month with "supply issues". It turned out APR have lost the VWR franchise and now Awesome GTI have it. I only persevered because I was getting them at a good discount. 

So if you want to get them now, contact Awesome GTI...

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #806 on: 19 March 2014, 19:52 »

Thanks Joe

Getting the springs was an ordeal in itself. I ordered them at the turn of the year from APR but they messed me around for a month with "supply issues". It turned out APR have lost the VWR franchise and now Awesome GTI have it. So if you want to get them, contact Awesome GTI...

Very interesting. You do wonder though why VW can't supply the parts themselves.

Sorry, one final question Joe, I take it you should notify your insurance company of this upgrade?

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #807 on: 19 March 2014, 19:54 »
Well I never actually asked VW if they could supply them, I reckon they probably could, so long as you gave them the part numbers, etc.
As for insurance I don't know. As I said, they are "VW" springs fitted by a VW dealer  :wink: One I'll think about when it comes to renewal time.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #808 on: 19 March 2014, 19:56 »
Well I never actually asked VW if they could supply them, I reckon they probably could, so long as you gave them the part numbers, etc.
As for insurance I don't know. As I said, they are "VW" springs fitted by a VW dealer  :wink: One I'll think about when it comes to renewal time.

Cheers Pal  :smiley: :smiley:

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #809 on: 19 March 2014, 20:07 »
I'd read the faq's on the vwr website with regards to warranty and insurance, but then again these are your best chances of blaggin it :smiley:
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG