Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2739676 times)

Offline Gingernick

• GTI forum regular
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #550 on: 30 January 2014, 13:07 »
I drove to work...with a great big daft grin on my face
3dr Gti, manual, tornado red, performance pack, dynaudio. gone now

5dr GTi, manual, red, Performance pack, dynaudio
going

5dr Gti, Manual, performance pack , indium grey (for a change!)

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #551 on: 30 January 2014, 13:18 »
Made me smile that the tyre pressure gizmo actually works. Came on to inform me that my rear right has lost some pressure. Off to the petrol pump to fill up.
Golf GTD mk7 DSG pearl black - collected 25 September 2013.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #552 on: 30 January 2014, 13:26 »
Made me smile that the tyre pressure gizmo actually works. Came on to inform me that my rear right has lost some pressure. Off to the petrol pump to fill up.

Thats one thing i would rather not see any time soon  :smiley:

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #553 on: 30 January 2014, 14:47 »
I like it a lot! Looks great and the red outline really compliments the red stripe! Nicely done!   :cool:

Cheers  :cool:

Offline kevinm

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #554 on: 30 January 2014, 15:33 »

So it tells you which tyre?
Current: His: 2020 M340i   Hers: 2019 GTD

Previous:
2014 GTI PP DSG
GTI ED30 DSG

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #555 on: 30 January 2014, 17:01 »

So it tells you which tyre?

Yep on the head up display And also when you press car on the infotainment system all the tyres are red until u scroll across to where you set tyre pressure it shoes the tyre in red and the warning remains until you reset the right pressure then hit set. Very cool. What's not cool is that the tyre was at 25psi. Hope it's not a slow puncture these contis aren't cheap.
Golf GTD mk7 DSG pearl black - collected 25 September 2013.

Offline sleg

• Not said much yet
« Reply #556 on: 30 January 2014, 19:11 »
Yep the head up display tells you which tyre, made a detour to work yesterday and the warning came on, so I got out and could hear the dreaded sound of air leaving the tyre  :angry:

Found a piece of metal about half an inch long stick out of the centre of the tyre, so I had to swap the wheel in the rain and just so you are all prepared the wheel brace is really short so I had to find some piping at work.

Took the tyre to my local tyre centre and he told me they don't do the Continental Contact 2's anymore, so he said he would look but it would be most likely a contact 3! I really didn't want this as I've only covered 1200 miles, so a non matching tyre already would be awful. Luckily he got me one but said he had to call around. I can't believe they are already being end of line as so many of us have them! so is he telling porkies?

Anyone new tyre for £129 fitted and all ok again!

Sleg

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #557 on: 30 January 2014, 19:26 »
Yep the head up display tells you which tyre, made a detour to work yesterday and the warning came on, so I got out and could hear the dreaded sound of air leaving the tyre  :angry:

Found a piece of metal about half an inch long stick out of the centre of the tyre, so I had to swap the wheel in the rain and just so you are all prepared the wheel brace is really short so I had to find some piping at work.

Took the tyre to my local tyre centre and he told me they don't do the Continental Contact 2's anymore, so he said he would look but it would be most likely a contact 3! I really didn't want this as I've only covered 1200 miles, so a non matching tyre already would be awful. Luckily he got me one but said he had to call around. I can't believe they are already being end of line as so many of us have them! so is he telling porkies?

Sleg

No he's right conti sport contact 2's have been superseded by sport contact 3's.  There will be old stock still around though.  Bit naughty of vw putting cars out with a discontinued tyre.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline kevinm

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #558 on: 30 January 2014, 20:03 »

Sleg

No he's right conti sport contact 2's have been superseded by sport contact 3's.  There will be old stock still around though.  Bit naughty of vw putting cars out with a discontinued tyre.
What about the sport contact 5?
Current: His: 2020 M340i   Hers: 2019 GTD

Previous:
2014 GTI PP DSG
GTI ED30 DSG

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #559 on: 30 January 2014, 20:32 »

Sleg

What about the sport contact 5?

Do you mean, are they being discontinued?   Not to my knowledge.  I have 5p's and no problems getting those.  Had 2 new one's recently.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11