Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2739638 times)

Offline jivemonkey

• Here all the time
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #330 on: 21 December 2013, 12:15 »

These are coming up as white?

Yep, the bulbs you're replacing are white

Ahhh, I see, my bad, thought the others were amber but I guess the indicator housing that's amber. I think this is better actually as the amber ones were a bit harder to come by back in the day - probably not the case now?

Golf VII GTD | 5dr DSG | Deep Pearl Black | Dynaudio | Winter Pack | High Beam Assist | "Advanced" Phone Prep

Offline JellyB

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #331 on: 23 December 2013, 11:47 »
Booked my car into the dealer for them to try to find the missing driver foot well lighting cable. :whistle:

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #332 on: 23 December 2013, 17:02 »
Fitted the brighter LED bulbs, much more like the standard filament ones now  :smiley:

Video to follow!

Offline stuart.cameron

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #333 on: 23 December 2013, 17:10 »
Fitted the brighter LED bulbs, much more like the standard filament ones now  :smiley:

Video to follow!

May have to return the other ones I bought...
Current // Golf GTD 3dr DSG - Carbon Grey | Discovery Nav Pro, Keyless Entry, Park Assist, Reverse Camera, Winter Pack
Previous // Polo GTI 6r - Black | Xenons, MFSW, Winter Pack, Sensor Pack, Convenience Pack, Climate Control, RNS 510 w/Bluetooth

Offline 2014GTi

• I live here
  • Das Auto
« Reply #334 on: 23 December 2013, 17:23 »

Video to follow!
Thanks for the update, I guess I will need to by these too since as I bought the first ones like yourself  :rolleyes:  :nerd:
So I am good to buy these or are you going to buy even better and brighter ones  :whistle: lol
« Last Edit: 23 December 2013, 17:25 by 2014GTi »
2014 Volkswagen Golf GTi
2004 Volkswagen Golf R32
2011 Volkswagen Polo Bluemotion
2001 SEAT Arosa TDi S
1999 John Cooper Mini Works S
2005 Vauxhall Astra SRI CDTi
2004 Volkswagen Golf R32
2002 Audi S3 quattro
1999 Peugeot 206 Grand Tourisme

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #335 on: 23 December 2013, 17:55 »
Thanks for the update, I guess I will need to by these too since as I bought the first ones like yourself  :rolleyes:  :nerd:
So I am good to buy these or are you going to buy even better and brighter ones  :whistle: lol

There isn't a huge amount of difference, the others were adequate but these are better than the first set so if you're buying some I'd recommend the bright ones.

Offline stuart.cameron

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #336 on: 23 December 2013, 20:05 »
Just bought the brighter ones and returned the other ones! Also got my Osram H7 night breakers for the cornering lights :)
Current // Golf GTD 3dr DSG - Carbon Grey | Discovery Nav Pro, Keyless Entry, Park Assist, Reverse Camera, Winter Pack
Previous // Polo GTI 6r - Black | Xenons, MFSW, Winter Pack, Sensor Pack, Convenience Pack, Climate Control, RNS 510 w/Bluetooth

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #337 on: 24 December 2013, 10:08 »
Just bought the brighter ones and returned the other ones! Also got my Osram H7 night breakers for the cornering lights :)

Did they let you return the other ones?  Might just re-list them myself unless anyone here wants them?

Offline stuart.cameron

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #338 on: 24 December 2013, 11:51 »

Did they let you return the other ones?  Might just re-list them myself unless anyone here wants them?
It says in the listings returns within 14 days, buyer pays postage. Just messaged him to tell him I will be returning them

Offline Croz13

• Not said much yet
« Reply #339 on: 24 December 2013, 14:16 »
For all those that have ordered the less bright LED's & thinking of sending them back, these bulbs also fit the rear reverse lights. So I have just used these to complete the full LED effect.

Before

Half n Half

Complete LED

Will check the brightness comparison at night when it gets dark.

Thanks to Monsta for finding the bulb types  :wink:
Golf GTI 3dr : Carbon Grey, AAC, PP, Keyless, Dynaudio, Winter Pack & Rear view cam.