Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2740832 times)

Offline ginnes

• Not said much yet
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #180 on: 25 October 2013, 20:23 »
Took it for a drive up to Balmoral.

Should have been in my quattro but unfortunately I've broken it a bit. Shame really as there were 16 quattro's there. GTI doesn't make a bad noise but the old cars were the ones that sounded best today.

Good day apart from the weather.
Current - Mk 7 GTI, Audi S2 Avant, Audi ur quattro
Finally arrived, only took 25 weeks! - Mk 7 GTI Tornado Red 5 Dr DSG.
PP, ACC, Keyless entry, Discover Pro, Park assist, Rear view camera, Winter pack, Climate windscreen, Advanced Phone prep.

Offline CBRT

• Not said much yet
« Reply #181 on: 26 October 2013, 19:55 »
Drove 512miles from Warrington/London/Aldershot/Basingstoke and back- Awesome!!!!

2013 MK7 Golf GTI
1995 MK3 VR6 GTI Engineering
2003 M3 Coupe
2002 GSXR 750
1995 MK3 CL 1.6l (for sale)

Offline DorsetDave

• Not said much yet
« Reply #182 on: 26 October 2013, 20:11 »
Driven to Bath and back from sunny Dorset after 24 hours of ownership, and all I can say is that the car is PHENOMENAL. Even the wife is impressed. Keeping below 4000 revs but the overtaking power and torque is mind blowing.  The one thing I thought would be redundant is the adaptive cruise control but I am completely won over with this driving aid, went 30 miles without touching the brakes or accelerator.  Can't wait to going out again for some more more miles.  A very happy man  :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
« Last Edit: 26 October 2013, 20:16 by DorsetDave »
Current 2010 Polo GTI Previous Golf GTI Mk1 (13 yrs) Mk 5 (5 yrs)
Ordered Mk 7 Diamond Black DSG ACC Performance Pack Winter Pack Discover Nav Pro

Offline linc-dub

• Here all the time
« Reply #183 on: 26 October 2013, 20:41 »
I've ordered some cleaning stuff ahead of taking delivery of my GTD on Fri 1st Nov.
Picked up 02.09.17 Mk7.5 GTD Isaac Blue, Manual 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Keyless, 90% tints, Heated front screen, Mudflaps all round

Sep 2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Carbon Grey, Manual, 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Sat Nav, Keyless, Sport & Sound, Mudflaps all round

2013 63 plate Mk7 GTD, Manual, 5 doors, Carbon Grey Metalic, ACC, Reversing Camera, Mudflaps front & rear - Took delivery October 2013

Offline peterdoherty

• Here all the time
« Reply #184 on: 31 October 2013, 20:36 »
Took a valeter for a quick blast and got a free wash to clear the build up from the 500 mile trip yesterday.
Sorted the insurance via DirectLine as free VW insurance expires in a few days.
Sorted gap insurance for 5 years via 123gapinsurance for £182 (4 year policy deferred for a year as first year covered by DirectLine).
Drooled over it some more!!!
MKVII GTD DSG Carbon Grey 5DR, Dynaudio, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera, Colour MFD, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Climate Screen, Advanced Phone Kit, High Beam Assist

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #185 on: 01 November 2013, 08:02 »
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271005739332
I bought those, and they work fine

I bought these and tried to replace the current lights. Got them in but they are not working any idea anyone what the problem may be.
Golf GTD mk7 DSG pearl black - collected 25 September 2013.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #186 on: 01 November 2013, 08:05 »

I bought these and tried to replace the current lights. Got them in but they are not working any idea anyone what the problem may be.

Turn them round, LED's only work one way.
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #187 on: 01 November 2013, 08:09 »

Turn them round, LED's only work one way.

I read that on here before I tried installing them. So I made sure they were facing down still no luck.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #188 on: 01 November 2013, 08:19 »
I'm sure you do understand, but just to be absolutely clear, what Jimble means isn't anything to do with the actual orientation of the bulb, but rather the polarity of the 2 metal connectors where it plugs in. Unlike halogen bulbs when it doesn't matter which one is positive or negative, LED's do mind, so if when first plugging in a LED bulb it doesn't work, rotate the bulb through 180° in the connector and it **should** work.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #189 on: 01 November 2013, 09:07 »
I'm sure you do understand, but just to be absolutely clear, what Jimble means isn't anything to do with the actual orientation of the bulb, but rather the polarity of the 2 metal connectors where it plugs in. Unlike halogen bulbs when it doesn't matter which one is positive or negative, LED's do mind, so if when first plugging in a LED bulb it doesn't work, rotate the bulb through 180° in the connector and it **should** work.

That's fine. I'll give it a whirl today. Thanks for the help guys.