Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2739256 times)

Offline Rob916

• Not said much yet
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #130 on: 05 October 2013, 20:54 »
driven round all day with a big smile on my face , since I picked it up at 9 am today  :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
yeah I bet you have ! :-)))
Gti, 5 door, carbon grey, keyless, discover nav, winter pack. Gone and missed, tornado red Gtd dsg.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #131 on: 06 October 2013, 14:54 »
Cleaned it. First time in 5 years I've done my own car. Car man on holiday you see. Inconsiderate git  :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #132 on: 07 October 2013, 12:36 »
Off work today so gave the car a good going over again (loads of tar spots), and she's gleaming again.

Did a bit of digging around with VCDS, and enabled a few options. Most are in German from the adaptation channel labels, so I need to brush up on my German, but did find a couple of interesting bits.

Enabled a hidden menu in the MFD to show the amount of fuel (in Gallons) used since the last fill up (seems to be to the nearest Gallon), but thought it was cool anyway:

IMG_1151 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

For those that want to enable this:
Select  [17] Instruments
Long Coding - (Function 07)
Go to Byte 10
Enable bit 4

That's it.

Also, from the central electronics module, i've added rain closing for the windows, and use of front fogs (as well as the DRL's) as Coming home and leaving home. Look well cool.

These can just be enabled from the adaptation channels drop down. Note, that the central electronics menus is password locked, so you first need to go into Function 16 (Permissions), and enter the code 31347. This then gives you access to the central electronics menu.

I'll be deciphering a little bit more of the German text over the next few days and will have another play. What I really want to find is the following:

Alarm Chirp on lock.
Somehow getting the telephone contacts menu into the MFD.
Getting the climatronic settings to display momentarily on screen when something is adjusted (like the MK6 / Scirocco platform did.)
Getting the mirrors to fold and unfold with the keyfob (rather than ignition on).
Getting the coming home lights to activate automatically (rather than having to flash main beam).

Some or all of these may / may not be possible, but I guess as more people start playing around with the MK7, we'll get to know over the coming months. If I do manage to enable any of the above I let you all know, likewise if anyone else knows how to do any of the above just shout up.

2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #133 on: 07 October 2013, 12:54 »
When I eventually get my car back I'll have a look around with vcds too.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline stuart.cameron

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #134 on: 07 October 2013, 13:51 »
Off work today so gave the car a good going over again (loads of tar spots), and she's gleaming again.

Did a bit of digging around with VCDS, and enabled a few options. Most are in German from the adaptation channel labels, so I need to brush up on my German, but did find a couple of interesting bits.

Enabled a hidden menu in the MFD to show the amount of fuel (in Gallons) used since the last fill up (seems to be to the nearest Gallon), but thought it was cool anyway:

IMG_1151 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

For those that want to enable this:
Select  [17] Instruments
Long Coding - (Function 07)
Go to Byte 10
Enable bit 4

That's it.

Also, from the central electronics module, i've added rain closing for the windows, and use of front fogs (as well as the DRL's) as Coming home and leaving home. Look well cool.

These can just be enabled from the adaptation channels drop down. Note, that the central electronics menus is password locked, so you first need to go into Function 16 (Permissions), and enter the code 31347. This then gives you access to the central electronics menu.

I'll be deciphering a little bit more of the German text over the next few days and will have another play. What I really want to find is the following:

Alarm Chirp on lock.
Somehow getting the telephone contacts menu into the MFD.
Getting the climatronic settings to display momentarily on screen when something is adjusted (like the MK6 / Scirocco platform did.)
Getting the mirrors to fold and unfold with the keyfob (rather than ignition on).
Getting the coming home lights to activate automatically (rather than having to flash main beam).

Some or all of these may / may not be possible, but I guess as more people start playing around with the MK7, we'll get to know over the coming months. If I do manage to enable any of the above I let you all know, likewise if anyone else knows how to do any of the above just shout up.

New thread time?  :smiley:
Current // Golf GTD 3dr DSG - Carbon Grey | Discovery Nav Pro, Keyless Entry, Park Assist, Reverse Camera, Winter Pack
Previous // Polo GTI 6r - Black | Xenons, MFSW, Winter Pack, Sensor Pack, Convenience Pack, Climate Control, RNS 510 w/Bluetooth

Offline DougL

• Here all the time
« Reply #135 on: 07 October 2013, 15:43 »
Absolutely! Norbeck could you start a VAG com or RossTech VCDS thread? and post the above in it as a reference source? What VCDS software are you running? Is it still the Beta version. I have a Micro-USB but am told it will work on the Mk7...
Tornado Red GTI 3dr manual

Previous Golfs Mk1 GLS and GL, Mk2 GL and Driver, Mk3 GL, Mk4 GT TDI, Mk6 TDI (and a Mk2 Scirocco 20 years ago)

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #136 on: 07 October 2013, 16:07 »
Woah you guys are moving at warp speed compared to me.

First question where can I purchase the VCDS.

The my other questions will follow
Golf GTD mk7 DSG pearl black - collected 25 September 2013.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #137 on: 07 October 2013, 16:55 »
As requested, started a new MK7 VCDS thread - everyone please feel free to add or comment.

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=260248.0
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Gordor

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #138 on: 07 October 2013, 19:31 »
Cleaned it. First time in 5 years I've done my own car. Car man on holiday you see. Inconsiderate git  :laugh:

I hope you didn't cut your hand on them there wheels?  :evil:
GTD Pure White : 19" Santiago's : Winter Pack : Dynaudio : Park Assist : High Beam Assist

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #139 on: 07 October 2013, 20:05 »

I hope you didn't cut your hand on them there wheels?  :evil:

:grin: I wasn't as thorough as he was, as I was getting knackered so time was of the essence  :grin:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....