Author Topic: strange hu fault  (Read 1240 times)

Offline paulsgti

• Not said much yet
strange hu fault
« on: 06 November 2007, 13:18 »
here`s a wierd one when i plug the hu in the speedo wont go over 20 mph when i un plug it it works fine anyone know WTF is goin on ??

Offline Heyho

• Here all the time
Re: strange hu fault
« Reply #1 on: 06 November 2007, 20:22 »
What car is it my friend?

Offline paulsgti

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 11 November 2007, 17:02 »
it was a mk3 golf estate but its all fixed now
i put a adaptor lead for the mk2 golf in and its sorted the speedo fault only slight problem now is the hu is permanently live but thats no big deal

Offline b300y

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 14 November 2007, 11:41 »
ill say it again how do you alter the wing mirrows
once a dub always a dub

Offline paulsgti

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 16 November 2007, 17:03 »
What ? :laugh:

Offline Ruji

• GTI forum regular
  • Mk3 Golf GTi 8v (96) Anniversary Edition
« Reply #5 on: 17 November 2007, 01:12 »
that is a strange one...i dont see why they head unit wires should be related to the speedo. only possible reason for that is so that the volume of a unit that may have been in that car automatically adjusts its volume according to the speed of the car...but thats realy a feature that was introduced in new cars....not an older model golf like urs! but u never no.

it may be that you have no ignition live to begin with otherwise if you remember that it did...its just a simple alteration of the red and yellow wires on the adpator lead that you have purchased. u may find that u have 2 wires coming out from one port...chek to make sure..i could b wrong!
if it becomes an issue to you in the future and you prefer it to work with ignition then it stil may be possible...i would say i'd have to see it tell you how but pop down to your local halfords....we dont charge for advice...hehe
Why pay big bucks when you can do it yourself???
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd23/rujiboy/WheelRefurbishmentProcess1.jpg
sig pic too large, see forum guidelines - admin

Offline paulsgti

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 17 November 2007, 12:35 »
funny thing is the other HU went straight in no problems and no adaptor lead so im thinking it has to be the current HU
like you said strange one not really bothered ( mrs car ) just curious as to why