Author Topic: spotted ....  (Read 204392 times)

Offline markymark

• Here all the time
Re: spotted ....
« Reply #40 on: 10 April 2008, 08:44 »
spotted markymark on my way home from work today, between Balsall Common and the Solihull roundabout

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=74748.msg671662#msg671662

saw the red spoiler and private plate, knew it was someone from here... i'll keep an eye out and flash next time!

Cool im now famous! Got fed up of the M42 traffic jam so went home the scenic route! Definately flash next time as I saw quite a few GTI's on my trip home!

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #41 on: 10 April 2008, 08:47 »
I drive a very discrete looking black R32 so I'm not surprised you didn't see me. You had a rather large grin on your face though, so you must've enjoyed the scenic route :grin:

I use to take the M42 aswell, i find that balsall common/honiley route much quicker.

Offline markymark

• Here all the time
« Reply #42 on: 10 April 2008, 08:52 »
I drive a very discrete looking black R32 so I'm not surprised you didn't see me. You had a rather large grin on your face though, so you must've enjoyed the scenic route :grin:

I use to take the M42 aswell, i find that balsall common/honiley route much quicker.
Looks like you do the opposite route to me then as I go up to Cannock once a week from Stratford!
Yeah im lovin the GTI, any excuse to give it some.

Offline makzimum

• Not said much yet
« Reply #43 on: 10 April 2008, 08:55 »
Greenouse: Weren't in Ipswich last night were you?  Saw a black Ed30 with black VW badge and red GTI badge out my rear view mirror, then this morning I noticed your sig!  If it wasn't you then someone's been copying you ;-)

Offline Greenouse

• I live here
« Reply #44 on: 10 April 2008, 09:42 »
No wasn't me im afraid! So my look has been copied eh?? Highest form of flattery  :wink:

Offline 182_blue

• I live here
« Reply #45 on: 10 April 2008, 18:54 »
blue R32 spotted tonight in Nottingham town centre heading past the police station at about 5pm

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #46 on: 10 April 2008, 20:06 »
this is crap!!! I hardly ever see any Gti's or R32's for that matter... Seen an old dude driving a R32 the opposite way the other day and he didnt even notice me!!

Offline Gulfstream11

• I live here
« Reply #47 on: 11 April 2008, 06:51 »
I know what you mean... Spotted a red GT sport at the lights opp the hare and tortoise this morning.Tho doubt he,ll be on here as I seem to know nearly everybodys cars by now. :grin:

When I owned my Jeep wrangler,everybody in a Jeep flashed you regardless if they knew you or not.My wife used to squirm every time one did but it made me smile.
Knowing Jeep owners as I do that would be one full "spotted" thread...

Maybe we should have a "Today I will be in......" thread,more chance of been spotted. :tongue:

Previous rides..MKIV 1.8T   MKIV PD150  MK5 GTI MK5 edition30 now MK7 GTI PP

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #48 on: 11 April 2008, 08:21 »
I know what you mean... Spotted a red GT sport at the lights opp the hare and tortoise this morning.Tho doubt he,ll be on here as I seem to know nearly everybodys cars by now. :grin:

When I owned my Jeep wrangler,everybody in a Jeep flashed you regardless if they knew you or not.My wife used to squirm every time one did but it made me smile.
Knowing Jeep owners as I do that would be one full "spotted" thread...

Maybe we should have a "Today I will be in......" thread,more chance of been spotted. :tongue:

Agree there mate... Would be better if we knew who to look out for in certain areas. A map of locations could help!

Offline makzimum

• Not said much yet
« Reply #49 on: 11 April 2008, 09:06 »
Agree there mate... Would be better if we knew who to look out for in certain areas. A map of locations could help!

Try this: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&ll=52.432572,-0.291138&spn=3.074777,4.158325&z=8&msid=112427767414660804027.00044a9452f8d0ba9358f

Not sure how it will work as I've only just started to have a play with it.  The map should be editable by anyone so everyone could put a placemark of their location on it - preferably with a pic of their motor.  :smiley:  I've made a start, just need to find a pic.