Author Topic: Scott's Mk4 GT28RS Build  (Read 50569 times)

Offline Scott-R

• I live here
  • GoT BoosT!
Scott's Mk4 GT28RS Build
« on: 06 April 2013, 22:48 »
Here's a sneaky peak at what's been happening to my little boost machine ha

Box off and opened then fixed (broken selector)

Cleaned and ready to go on.

Finally got my PCR so now running full THS FMIC

Decided before kit and paint to take engine out and overhaul!

Out she comes..

Custom made kit on route..

Just a sneaky peak ha let you all see it in bout 2 weeks with full kit on and sprayed ;)

« Last Edit: 07 July 2014, 23:21 by Scott-R »
Golf GTI ... What else would you have?

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
Re: Just a sneaky peak!
« Reply #1 on: 06 April 2013, 23:58 »
Be good to see the end result...
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline golf turbo47

• Not said much yet
  • PURE BOOST!!!
« Reply #2 on: 07 April 2013, 09:11 »
Interesting to see how it looks :smiley:
Silver 2001 1.8T AUM. Revo remap. hybrid K03s.  jetex filter. forge 007p. decat pipe. custom exhaust. anni front valence. rear 4mo valence. anthracite montreal 2 alloys. To be continued....... TIP, H&R suspension,Black 19" RS4 alloys, Carbon fibre wrap roof. anni rear valence, Almost there.....

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #3 on: 07 April 2013, 11:06 »
You will feel much better for DIY it!  :smiley:

Offline Scott-R

• I live here
  • GoT BoosT!
« Reply #4 on: 14 April 2013, 19:11 »
Almost there..

Ordered alot of new gaskets bolts clips and pipes from the stealers and fitted to engine.

Front bumper almost there ready for last few sands and filler and then primer and more sands. Hope people can see my idea of one solid bumper with what would be the bottom section looking like a solid bar where it meets the splitter, it was all plastic welded together back and front and end to end.... took a long time but no chance of movement. Medium size rectangle license plate will sit on left of intercooler at bottom of bumper.

Bumper trial fitted over the intercooler and all snug cut and sanded (no bodge jobs round here!)

Obviously sitting very high as engine still out..

New actuator top ordered then fitted looking nice.

Also going to fit mesh to the front bumper and centred infront of the intercooler going to put a "revo" logo so made a stencil and trial on some card (loved it ha)

Also got a nice ford gearstick with the reverse in the correct place and who doesnt like a ford gearstick lol

Lots of other things happening but no pics so wont mention, MASSSIVE thanks to jamie at APW in blair athol for the work and help so far and will post pics and let folk know what else has been done when finished hopefully end of this week.

:evil:

Offline golf turbo47

• Not said much yet
  • PURE BOOST!!!
« Reply #5 on: 14 April 2013, 19:52 »
It's coming together nicely , fairplay dude :cool:
Silver 2001 1.8T AUM. Revo remap. hybrid K03s.  jetex filter. forge 007p. decat pipe. custom exhaust. anni front valence. rear 4mo valence. anthracite montreal 2 alloys. To be continued....... TIP, H&R suspension,Black 19" RS4 alloys, Carbon fibre wrap roof. anni rear valence, Almost there.....

Offline Scott-R

• I live here
  • GoT BoosT!
« Reply #6 on: 27 April 2013, 18:22 »
Clutchhhhh

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 27 April 2013, 18:35 »
What clutch/flywheel did you go for in the.end  dude?

Have you got a link? :smiley:

2003 1.8T: R-tech Live Cutom Stage 2 remap: N249 Bypass : Forge T.I.P : Forge 007p  : Forge Actuator, yellow spring : Toyosports F.M.I.C : Toyosports C.A.I :                                                                   PCV simplified - oil catch can : 42' Draft 3" turbo back non res exhaust system : Devils own W.M.I : 231bhp & 258lbs-ft

Offline Scott-R

• I live here
  • GoT BoosT!
« Reply #8 on: 28 April 2013, 00:32 »
Black diamond stage2 fast road and competition.

Just google it but you want the carbon Kevlar one like mine. I will look tomorrow for my item codes if you want?

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 28 April 2013, 11:06 »
If you could dude  :smiley:?

Are you still running the dual mass flywheel?

Any gearbox mods needed!

2003 1.8T: R-tech Live Cutom Stage 2 remap: N249 Bypass : Forge T.I.P : Forge 007p  : Forge Actuator, yellow spring : Toyosports F.M.I.C : Toyosports C.A.I :                                                                   PCV simplified - oil catch can : 42' Draft 3" turbo back non res exhaust system : Devils own W.M.I : 231bhp & 258lbs-ft