Author Topic: Installing Rns315 into Match Edition  (Read 1777 times)

Offline MK4_20VT

• Here all the time
Installing Rns315 into Match Edition
« on: 09 July 2020, 22:07 »
Hey guys
I'm going to install Rns315 into my Golf. I haven't seen any setup / install that matches my car 2011 match
As I have the Bluetooth under the seat & the Mdi in the armrest. Can I use the current microphone in the existing harness? Thanks

Offline Borbus

• Not said much yet
Re: Installing Rns315 into Match Edition
« Reply #1 on: 18 July 2020, 18:12 »
My car had the "Touch phone kit" installed. I cut off the crappy touch thing and removed it from the dash but kept the microphone. I just had to wire the microphone into the harness. There is a wiring diagram on top of the unit for the harness but you can also find it online. I had to use a bit of guesswork when it came to the microphone wires, but I got it right first time so I suppose it was quite easy. I'm not sure what the setup of the bluetooth module is like, but if your mic wires go to the stereo then it should be very easy like mine.

Only thing I didn't get working on mine was the GPS. Apparently the antenna is open circuit. Maybe a duff antenna? Can't really be bothered to try to fix it, though.
2010 Mk6 GTI

Offline MK4_20VT

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 20 July 2020, 21:40 »
So the install of the RNS315 was quite easy. Factory Bluetooth works 100% no need to move pins/ leads etc Put the GPS receiver able the heater vents

1st thing the audio quality is better than the RCD510 & the MAP speed etc is quick.

So the install, Using ODBeleven   
I needed to enable 37-Navigation in the Gateway options.  Also I was able to change the car graphics for the reverse camera, were my mates Vag-com didn't list it?

Now the odd time I got an audio crackle & the phone didn't work.  People could hear me, I couldn't hear them.  So I used Odbeleven again & disabled the RNS315 onboard Bluetooth.  Think it might have caused a conflict?

Review :-)
If you don't stream music from your phone (I don't) leave the factory setup in. You can stream music still, just not able to skip tracks or see what's playing

If you do like to stream music / skip tracks / see track name playing then enable the RNS315 bluetooth & wire a mic directly to the RNS315.  Also unplug the Bluetooth under the seat

Offline Borbus

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 22 July 2020, 22:19 »
Glad your installation went smoothly. I have enjoyed my RNS315. A massive upgrade over the RCD310 that was in my car before.

I discovered something interesting with my RNS315 and OBDEleven. If I enable telephone in (77) in the gateway options, it lets me see and control the phone on the MFD with the steering wheel. But then I get an error code that the telephone antenna isn't installed which is odd. I just ignore that.
2010 Mk6 GTI

Offline MK4_20VT

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 23 July 2020, 22:16 »
Thanks Mate
I'm Sure you need to disable 77-Telephony  if the RNS315 has it's own Bluetooth & unplug the module under the seat
The guys on RossTech say that 77-Telephony is not needed with the RNS315

https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?6661-VW-RCD510-to-VW-RNS315-Errors/page2

I'm not 100% sure, so I have left my original Bluetooth in :-)

My Match is a 2011, wonder if it linked to the canbus revision we have?

Offline Borbus

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 26 July 2020, 11:25 »
You certainly don't need it, but enabling it is the only way the telephone will show up in the MFD! It all works fine, I just get an error code which I ignore.
2010 Mk6 GTI