Author Topic: Kerb Mirror Function  (Read 16812 times)

Offline westwoap

• Not said much yet
Kerb Mirror Function
« on: 10 December 2013, 14:08 »
Afternoon,

Could someone kindly tell me how to set the mirror to dip to the specified position when putting the car in reverse please

Offline 2014GTi

• I live here
  • Das Auto
Re: Kerb Mirror Function
« Reply #1 on: 10 December 2013, 14:21 »
Afternoon,

Could someone kindly tell me how to set the mirror to dip to the specified position when putting the car in reverse please
I am about to go and investigate mine, it seems to dip when going into reverse but when you come out of reverse gear it remains dipped  :rolleyes: :shocked:
Will let you know how I get one...

by the way to set it, its not too hard.

go the car after its locked.
unlock car
turn ignition on but ensure handbrake is on
go into CMS menu for mirrors and wipers and untick - tick reverse parking mirror
move mirror adjuster to L
select rerverse gear
move the mirror using the adjust to desired position
come out of reverse gear and it should work.....

Not sure why mine isnt.
Feel free to correct me if im wrong though as this is off the top of my head.... you could find it in the manual too  :laugh:
2014 Volkswagen Golf GTi
2004 Volkswagen Golf R32
2011 Volkswagen Polo Bluemotion
2001 SEAT Arosa TDi S
1999 John Cooper Mini Works S
2005 Vauxhall Astra SRI CDTi
2004 Volkswagen Golf R32
2002 Audi S3 quattro
1999 Peugeot 206 Grand Tourisme

Offline noobmonkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 10 December 2013, 14:34 »
Think thats right, although mine came configured at standard, so you just need to ensure that the mirror selector on the drivers side door is set to L, it then dips in reverse.
VW Golf MK7 GTD Manual 5DR Pure White

Offline 2014GTi

• I live here
  • Das Auto
« Reply #3 on: 10 December 2013, 14:55 »
Think thats right, although mine came configured at standard, so you just need to ensure that the mirror selector on the drivers side door is set to L, it then dips in reverse.
Mmmm can you do it for the R hand mirror too?  :rolleyes:
2014 Volkswagen Golf GTi
2004 Volkswagen Golf R32
2001 SEAT Arosa TDi S
2004 Volkswagen Golf R32
2002 Audi S3 quattro

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 10 December 2013, 16:31 »
Mmmm can you do it for the R hand mirror too?  :rolleyes:

Think there was a thread on this before and it was discovered that it csnf be done on the right mirror

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 10 December 2013, 17:22 »
You have to meet 2 conditions for the Mirror to return back to it's default setting.

1. The mirror must have been adjusted to a setting other than the dipped position prior to selecting reverse, otherwise, this position becomes the default for both positions. So basically, with the car in neutral, adjust the mirror to the correct "driving" position first. Then set the mirror switch to "L" and leave it there. Select reverse with the ignition on and holding on the brake, and adjust the mirror position to how you want it in the kerb view setup.

2. Once the mirror has dipped after selecting reverse, you need to either travel forwards over 5mph for it to return or switch off the ignition. It doesn't return immediately after coming out of reverse gear.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 10 December 2013, 19:40 »
A very clear explanation Norbreck!

As some do not seem to realise - to be clear - the left mirror will 'remember' your personal kerb dipped setting.

Offline 2014GTi

• I live here
  • Das Auto
« Reply #7 on: 10 December 2013, 20:17 »
Thanks for the information, I can confirm mine works... I just didn't go forwards to let it go back to the normal position.
Its little cool features like this that make me  :laugh: :grin:

:cool:
2014 Volkswagen Golf GTi
2004 Volkswagen Golf R32
2001 SEAT Arosa TDi S
2004 Volkswagen Golf R32
2002 Audi S3 quattro

Offline GTDING

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 04 February 2017, 13:35 »
You have to meet 2 conditions for the Mirror to return back to it's default setting.

1. The mirror must have been adjusted to a setting other than the dipped position prior to selecting reverse, otherwise, this position becomes the default for both positions. So basically, with the car in neutral, adjust the mirror to the correct "driving" position first. Then set the mirror switch to "L" and leave it there. Select reverse with the ignition on and holding on the brake, and adjust the mirror position to how you want it in the kerb view setup.

2. Once the mirror has dipped after selecting reverse, you need to either travel forwards over 5mph for it to return or switch off the ignition. It doesn't return immediately after coming out of reverse gear.

..Or you can turn the mirror adjust button to the 'neutral position' between the L (LEFT) and R (RIGHT) and the mirror will self adjust back to the 'normal' position, without having to drive forwards. Sorry to storm and old thread, but I'm learning all the time about my car. It's amazing! Woohoo!
« Last Edit: 04 February 2017, 17:30 by GTDING »

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 05 February 2017, 09:29 »
The left mirror waits until you're doing more than 5mph (as Sootchucker says) to come back up in the same way that the parking sensor display on the media unit stays in parking mode - the car isn't sure you've finished a parking maneuvre until you start going forward by more than 5mph and until you've reached that threshold it will leave everything in parking mode (maybe you're doing a 10-point turn down a street barely wider than the car is long -done that before!).
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.