Author Topic: MK 6 GTI on 5th Gear  (Read 30606 times)

Offline 1400sfm

• Not said much yet
Re: MK 6 GTI on 5th Gear
« Reply #110 on: 07 July 2009, 20:42 »
Don't go Kev..... WE LOVE YOU REALLY!!!  :cry:

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #111 on: 07 July 2009, 20:44 »
Don't go Kev..... WE LOVE YOU REALLY!!!  :cry:

I need to feel this love.  :grin:

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline 1400sfm

• Not said much yet
« Reply #112 on: 07 July 2009, 20:47 »
Its the last time I put a post up, look at trouble its causing. :grin:

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #113 on: 07 July 2009, 20:47 »
So kev,now im NOT trying to wind you up so be nice,have you ordered then ?

Chill mate I know your not.

I wish I was the kind of person just to lie and say yes Simon, but unfortunately my luck wasnt in this morning, as when I called the guy I was hoping to talk to, he had left the office for 2 weeks as he's on holiday.  :sad:

Left some posts and explanations as to whats happened in another thread, but here's a couple (they may not make sense as they are replies)...

They are not dealers directly, I cant really give out client info, but without being too specific, this guy deals with all the lease cars in the fleet and is based at a head office, so not at any dealership garage or anything liek that and not a salesman either. He does however, have the authorisation to do any deal he wishes wither it be lease or purchase. Hence why I'd really like to talk to him to see what he can offer as were his clients too, so hoping for a good deal. As I said, never thought to ask for anyone else as I only have his name and number and was fine with the p.a's info.

I didn't think to ask, It was either his secretary, p.a. or whatever that answered the call. I know when I got his details to ring that he was the main man to talk to, so it didn't even cross my mind to ask for anyone else as I was given his name specifically. He is the person that deals with our company directly and as far as the dealer I was talking to last night was conceared too, was that he is the decision maker. I do have a little patience, 2 weeks is not long to wait when I have been waiting since the mk6 accouncement basically. I can put up with the you don't have a car, have you ordered yet comments for while longer yet.

I'm just really curious as to what kind of deal I'll get. Dealer said to me last night that his deal and even the deals they offer in the garages work differently. He was also very surprised that I knew his name and showed him his number. No matter how many times I said 'You are our client' it didnt seem to register, felt like I had stolen the info 

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #114 on: 07 July 2009, 20:48 »
Can't talk to the guy till he's back, thats on the 21st July. I will order immediately, if the deal is good of course.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #115 on: 07 July 2009, 20:49 »
Its the last time I put a post up, look at trouble its causing. :grin:

See everybody, he said it was his fault !! ban him.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #116 on: 07 July 2009, 20:50 »
right sounds complicated
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #117 on: 07 July 2009, 21:02 »
right sounds complicated

It's prob me thats making it that way.

I work for one of the largest accountancy firms in the world, we have some big big clients like Bank of England etc. Got told the other day after talking about cars, that one of our clients is Arnold Clark. Got a contact name and number for a high up guy in AC, as this guy does lease deals for our offices, he also set's up sales too. To cut a very long story short, I was hoping to call him, introduce myself, explain who I am and what car I want and wait to see what deal he could get for me through my firm, but as I said, when I called he was on holiday.

The holiday funds are killing me right now, also had vet bills eating away at my balance for a while there, without going into too much of my personal finances I need to watch what I'm doing, but got clearance the other day to order the car whenever I like rather than waiting till the end of the month. I'm upgrading my PC at the moment too, but bank of mum is thankfully paying for that (bless her) and also with my sister being very unwell at the moment I got a whole host of stuff on my mind, but car is high up the list and more or less just want it bought so I can cross it off and forget about it for a bit.

Did I say I was cutting a long story short ?  :grin:

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #118 on: 07 July 2009, 21:05 »
you a accountant then ?
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #119 on: 07 July 2009, 21:07 »
you a accountant then ?

No not me, I'm rubbish with figures unless they are female, da daaa.  :grin:

I work in the support team.