Author Topic: Recommended Wash Mitt?  (Read 4437 times)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: Recommended Wash Mitt?
« Reply #10 on: 10 April 2022, 17:23 »
Am I a bit weird waking up actually looking forward to trying out a new wash pad?

Yes.

Was this the most pointless thing I’ve ever written?

Possibly :laugh:

Will almost certainly get the least number of views for one of your posts given the traffic volume in this section.

Anyway, I for one was interested and appreciated the effort in posting it. I have the Gtechniq mf on watching for them to come back into stock at clean your car. Although at the moment I'm averaging two washes a year :rolleyes:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Markee

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 10 April 2022, 22:52 »
Am I a bit weird waking up actually looking forward to trying out a new wash pad? I’m not even a detailer, more of an anti-detailer.
A little but i was only 45 mins behind you with a bit of polish and ceramic spraying  :grin:

Anyway, because nobody asked or cares I decided I’d do a mini review of the Microfiber Madness pad.
I was intrigued, as i've only ever used sponges and mitts i was was curious about a MF pad. Ta for the review.
A chequered previous car history (mainly blue oval, sorry) prior to owning Golf's.
2001 mk4 TDI - died at some traffic lights due to someone not stopping!
2000 mk4 GTD - a dog of a car, sold to WBAC in limp mode!
2000 mk4 1.8T - most fun i've had in a Golf (until now) but nearly cost me my licence!
2020 mk7.5 Tornado Red TCR - current ride.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 10 April 2022, 23:09 »
I was intrigued, as i've only ever used sponges and mitts i was was curious about a MF pad.

You need to be very careful using the 's' word here in the detailing section :grin:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Markee

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 10 April 2022, 23:25 »
I was intrigued, as i've only ever used sponges and mitts i was was curious about a MF pad.

You need to be very careful using the 's' word here in the detailing section :grin:

Duly noted  :wink: in my defence it was a long time ago and swirls were all the rage back then  :grin:
A chequered previous car history (mainly blue oval, sorry) prior to owning Golf's.
2001 mk4 TDI - died at some traffic lights due to someone not stopping!
2000 mk4 GTD - a dog of a car, sold to WBAC in limp mode!
2000 mk4 1.8T - most fun i've had in a Golf (until now) but nearly cost me my licence!
2020 mk7.5 Tornado Red TCR - current ride.

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 11 April 2022, 19:10 »
I was intrigued, as i've only ever used sponges

Shun the non-believer!

Glad you liked the mf pad Exonian, they get better after 3-4 uses once broken in, or 2-3 years for you Watts  :tongue:
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 11 April 2022, 21:56 »
Glad you liked the mf pad Exonian, they get better after 3-4 uses once broken in, or 2-3 years for you Watts  :tongue:

:laugh:

I was lucky the other night, we had a heavy downpour and my car is looking much cleaner :whistle:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 13 April 2022, 11:36 »

:laugh:

I was lucky the other night, we had a heavy downpour and my car is looking much cleaner :whistle:

Is that what detailers mean when they say touchless / contactless wash?  :whistle:
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/