Author Topic: NEED HELP TO CHOOSE RIGHT CAR  (Read 3454 times)

Offline outlaw

• Just got here
NEED HELP TO CHOOSE RIGHT CAR
« on: 14 September 2017, 14:50 »
Hello Guys, i was wondering if you can help me choose what car to buy,

Im Looking forward to Buy GOLF 7 GTD or BMW F30 (184 ps), Or Seat Leon FR or A3.

All the cars above are 184ps and golf and bmw as i see they are 0-100 - 7.5, the leon and audi are 7.3.

I'm going to buy second hand car, 2013 or 2014 year. So what i need from you is if you can help me choose which car i should buy.

Example no.1 all the cars are same equipment and same price, id go for 1.BMW, 2.GTD, 3.AUDI, 4.FR, This is easy choise, now the hard one is, if there is difference in price for example if the beamer is lets say 1000 euro or 2000 euro more expensive than the GTD does it worth for me to spend those extra 2000, or i should go for GTD, also if the leon is 3000 - 4000 CHEAPER than others is it resonable to buy it ?

Im Looking to buy car from Germany, 2013 - 2014, no more than 150 000 KM and from First Hard Seller,

Please tell me your opinion, btw my budget is around 15 - 16k euro.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
Re: NEED HELP TO CHOOSE RIGHT CAR
« Reply #1 on: 17 September 2017, 14:05 »
I don't have much knowledge on specs or pricing information for Germany, but based on the UK market i'd say the Golf offers best value for money.

While the Leon is less expensive than the GTD, it isn't as well equipped. So it depends if you think you would benefit from the extra equipment. I also think the GTD has a much nicer interior.

Audi A3 is a slightly nicer car than the Golf, but Audi aren't very generous with specification and many of the GTD's standard equipment will cost a small fortune to add to an A3.

I'm afraid I don't know a lot about the BMW 1 series, other than I find it smaller inside than the others and less practical.

In order I would choose;
1) Golf GTD
2) Leon FR 184
3) Audi A3
4) BMW 1 series

Having said this though, at high mileage I might expect the BMW to be a bit more reliable. But if buying second hand, condition is more important than specification.
7.5 GTD

Offline Makaveli

• GTI forum regular
Re: NEED HELP TO CHOOSE RIGHT CAR
« Reply #2 on: 17 September 2017, 19:42 »
All I can add is that I have just traded in a BMW 1 series for a GTD and the GTD has loads more extras as standard than the BMW and as guzzle said the cabin in the BMW is not as big as the GTD - I always felt very cramped in the BMW and was forever banging my head on the roof or my arm against the door. 

Roll on Thursday when I get to swap back to a Golf again!!!