Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1161520 times)

Offline Davey-c

• GTI forum regular
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #2950 on: 07 July 2018, 21:14 »
Car looks well.👍🏻
2023 Golf R 20 Years, Lapiz Blue, 19 Inch Black Estoril Alloys, Rear Camera, Harmon Kardon Sound System.

Offline Dunc245

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2951 on: 14 July 2018, 22:29 »
not done owt to it, but took it through the hardknott pass.. now that's a road to test ya nerve etc on .lol.

Snap! I took my new PP over the Wrynose and Hardknott passes to visit Wast Water on Wednesday. Blimey - a nerve testing trip in a new car for sure!!
GTI PP 245; Atlantic Blue, Art Velours, Climate windscreen, KSS, genuine 18" Black Pretoria.

Offline maxie

• Here all the time
« Reply #2952 on: 15 July 2018, 09:01 »
not done owt to it, but took it through the hardknott pass.. now that's a road to test ya nerve etc on .lol.

Snap! I took my new PP over the Wrynose and Hardknott passes to visit Wast Water on Wednesday. Blimey - a nerve testing trip in a new car for sure!!

it is very scary, i'm not too good with hights either. at one point we met a small truck coming down with a broken down car on it so we pulled to the left as close as i dared with what i can only describe as a drop that felt like 3miles.lol. put the mirrors in and prayed he had room.. phew about 5mm to spare  cuz i wasn't moving with no mirrors to see the edge... NEVER AGAIN is all i can say, deffo a once in a lifetime thing..and a beautiful drive :) .

Offline Dunc245

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2953 on: 15 July 2018, 11:18 »
ahem; I'll be honest and admit that I tooK two opportunities to pull in, look at view, and then tag on back of multi-car train so that it would be any unlucky oncomers having to yield :wink:

In the evening, I found myself reliving that section climbing up near beginning of Hardknnott where there's 4 or 5 1st gear full lock hairpins in a row, and the road is about the width of a Toureg!! Yikes. Wast Water was stunning though, and greatly enjoyed the (longer) route back on A roads to Amblseide  :cool:. Now mine has got 2000k on it it's really sweetening up.
GTI PP 245; Atlantic Blue, Art Velours, Climate windscreen, KSS, genuine 18" Black Pretoria.

Offline maxie

• Here all the time
« Reply #2954 on: 15 July 2018, 12:55 »
ahem; I'll be honest and admit that I tooK two opportunities to pull in, look at view, and then tag on back of multi-car train so that it would be any unlucky oncomers having to yield :wink:

In the evening, I found myself reliving that section climbing up near beginning of Hardknnott where there's 4 or 5 1st gear full lock hairpins in a row, and the road is about the width of a Toureg!! Yikes. Wast Water was stunning though, and greatly enjoyed the (longer) route back on A roads to Amblseide  :cool:. Now mine has got 2000k on it it's really sweetening up.

braver than me.. :) i went arond the long way back wouldn't get up there again for all the tea in china.. lol . fun though :)

Offline John F

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2955 on: 26 July 2018, 15:24 »
Been away from the group for the last 3 weeks, been too busy enjoying my first ever Golf GTI (PP, DSG 5dr, Atlantic blue metallic, no other extras)!

Got to work out how to post pics, I followed the guidance but no success, so any further help welcome.

As for the car. It's all I hoped for and more. A comfortable commuting machine in heavy traffic, and a huge blast when the road is clear.

I treated myself to an ODB11 as well. So far, I have switched off the Soundaktor (I prefer just to hear the exhaust from the back), enabled Scandinavian daytime running lights (basically the rear LEDs are now on during the day as well as the front), and switched off the annoying buzzer that sounds when you open the driver's door with the key in the ignition (not keyless entry on my car).

Offline maxie

• Here all the time
« Reply #2956 on: 26 July 2018, 15:34 »
Been away from the group for the last 3 weeks, been too busy enjoying my first ever Golf GTI (PP, DSG 5dr, Atlantic blue metallic, no other extras)!

Got to work out how to post pics, I followed the guidance but no success, so any further help welcome.

As for the car. It's all I hoped for and more. A comfortable commuting machine in heavy traffic, and a huge blast when the road is clear.

I treated myself to an ODB11 as well. So far, I have switched off the Soundaktor (I prefer just to hear the exhaust from the back), enabled Scandinavian daytime running lights (basically the rear LEDs are now on during the day as well as the front), and switched off the annoying buzzer that sounds when you open the driver's door with the key in the ignition (not keyless entry on my car).

upload them to tinypics then copy paste the link in your post :)

Offline John F

• Not said much yet

Offline rjwojcik

• Here all the time
« Reply #2958 on: 30 July 2018, 18:55 »
Here's an attempt at sharing pics of my GTI PP DSG in Atlantic blue - took delivery at the end of June!

http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=NuVqmzAy%2FKzPsXOnz5Kr8Yh4l5k2TGxc

http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=NuVqmzAy%2FKxb0n18ID9b%2Foh4l5k2TGxc

http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=NuVqmzAy%2FKw3byZzrzzQvoh4l5k2TGxc

How's this:

Just cut n paste the IMG links you get from the tinypic into your post
Current:
2018 RS4  - Navarra Blue / Black
Gone:
2016 A6 BiTDI - Midnight Blue / Black
2016 Golf GTD with a "lot" of toys
2016 M3 CP - Mineral Grey / Black
2009 135i - Le Mans Blue / Black

Offline battleshipgrey

• Just got here
« Reply #2959 on: 07 August 2018, 20:59 »
Gorgeous. I'm about to press the button on a new Indium Grey GTI Performance  - although one dealer talked himself out of a sale by moaning about how long the delivery time is. If it's still 16-17 weeks I can put up with it and keep driving my Carbon Grey until the new one arrives...  :rolleyes:
Current: 2015 Carbon Grey GTI