Author Topic: Golf R in the flesh  (Read 17648 times)

Offline Darlo

• GTI forum regular
Re: Golf R in the flesh
« Reply #140 on: 31 March 2021, 17:15 »
That looks fab Darlo  :cool:
Really liking that.

Mini review definitely required before you vanish off to the R-Line forum  :whistle:  :laugh:

Thanks mate. Yep I will post my thoughts when I get a few miles in it... only done 100 so far.

Coming from two mK7 gti’s (dsg and manual) and a 7.5R I have a nice basis of comparison. I can say I am really enjoying it and it’s getting a fair bit of attention from people. Wife has an A35 and i test drove an M135i.... all the bases covered to praise or moan  :grin:

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #141 on: 31 March 2021, 18:48 »
We’ll be looking forward to reading more with baited breath!  :cool:
Would love to read your thoughts on it compared to the others. :afro:

I can well imagine it’s getting a lot of attention, there aren’t many mk8’s around just yet and they look quite futuristic from the front.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Brocky_

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #142 on: 01 April 2021, 02:53 »
Have you seen another ClubSport yet, Exonian?

Up until today, I had only seen two GTIs total in the 3-4 weeks since getting mine.  On the way to work this morning, I saw two GTIs around a minute apart.  One Silver and one Dolphin that was absolutely filthy.  Had the silver one stayed on for another junction, there would've been three of us pretty much together.

Not seen another ClubSport, nor an R yet, though.
Mk.8 GTI ClubSport

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #143 on: 01 April 2021, 05:31 »
No, I’ve yet to see another Clubsport Brocky.

The only other mk8 GTI’s I’ve seen were all on dealer forecourts, as was the only 8R I’ve seen.
There is however an R-Line owned by someone who lives approx 100ft from my house!

To be honest I’ve been very good with lockdown and haven’t done any mileage since Xmas that wasn’t either to work (daily) or dropping food to my elderly in-laws once a month. Being as I work shifts and have a rural commute I don’t see that many vehicles.
It’ll be interesting come mid-April when my area will be literally swamped with visitors whether I’ll see many more sporty mk8’s.
Normallly there’s a really good presence of GTI’s and R’s in my neck of the woods. They sell a lot of VW’s down this way. I’ve seen around half a dozen TCR’s alone (one white, one red and the rest grey) excluding my old one. Even Ed40’s were in reasonable supply (considering their rarity) a few years back. I still see a couple about from time to time.

So, for the meantime I’m enjoying the exclusivity. 
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner