Author Topic: Complete lack of interest in Stock Hatch Championship  (Read 14544 times)

Offline Agreeable Slick

• Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Unit
Re: Complete lack of interest in Stock Hatch Championship
« Reply #20 on: 27 May 2005, 15:07 »
not arguing. TBH> 

mrwotto

« Reply #21 on: 27 May 2005, 16:10 »
neither am i tbh

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
« Reply #22 on: 27 May 2005, 16:49 »
It certainly made this section busier for a day though !  :laugh: :laugh:
......now officially dubless.

mrwotto

« Reply #23 on: 27 May 2005, 17:07 »
Wonder how long its gonna last tho lol :grin:

Fred Flintstone2

« Reply #24 on: 27 May 2005, 17:09 »
OK now it's calmed down a bit, I just feel I should calmly reply to the, amazing deluge of complaint about my original comment.  (By the way I have re registered to do this, hence the change in name)

I DID NOT SAY ANYONE WAS A BOY RACER WITH A TRICK PAINT JOB.
My actual words were, and please feel free to check,

"Why is nobody interested?  Are you all just boy racers with trick paint jobs or are there any serious enthusiasts out there.   The lack of interest on this GolfGTI forum is a mystery."

So I am offering a sarcastic answer to my own question in order to invite a reasonable reply.  There is probably a name for this if anyone has an 'A' level in English grammar.  This is then followed by the mystery statement.  Why anyone should be so sensitive as to react in what I think is a totally over the top way is amazing.

I keep going back to my original post to try and find something which could upset someone so much.  Anyway, I still stand by my original comment and am delighted so much interest has been generated.  If someone has been offended then please accept my sincere apology.

Offline *Dubby*

• Here all the time
« Reply #25 on: 27 May 2005, 17:17 »
OK now it's calmed down a bit, I just feel I should calmly reply to the, amazing deluge of complaint about my original comment.  (By the way I have re registered to do this, hence the change in name)

I DID NOT SAY ANYONE WAS A BOY RACER WITH A TRICK PAINT JOB.
My actual words were, and please feel free to check,

"Why is nobody interested?  Are you all just boy racers with trick paint jobs or are there any serious enthusiasts out there.   The lack of interest on this GolfGTI forum is a mystery."

So I am offering a sarcastic answer to my own question in order to invite a reasonable reply.  There is probably a name for this if anyone has an 'A' level in English grammar.  This is then followed by the mystery statement.  Why anyone should be so sensitive as to react in what I think is a totally over the top way is amazing.

I keep going back to my original post to try and find something which could upset someone so much.  Anyway, I still stand by my original comment and am delighted so much interest has been generated.  If someone has been offended then please accept my sincere apology.

Meh...f**k it......tbh
Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Fred Flintstone2

« Reply #26 on: 27 May 2005, 17:21 »
I for one am very interestead ! :smiley:

WE NEED MORE PEOPLE LIKE YOU FIGHTING VWs CORNER ! :wink:

Had a look at your site and all the relevent links, very interesting ,I particularly liked your in-car video. EXCELLENT!  :cool:

Only one thing , the rules state that only cars up to 1600cc are allowed to enter ,is this true as its getting difficult to find 1600 mk1 golf GTIs  :huh:

I will definitely do my best to get to the next round to cheer you on and hope others here will do likewise . WONT WE LADS AND LASSES !!!!! :angry:

Hopefully one day soon I can join in with you when money allows  :smiley:

UNTIL THEN KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK ! :wink:

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, got a bit caught up in defending myself.
Yes, up to 1600 8v and up to 1400 16v
Ours started as an 1800 GTI car in it's previous life, we simply blueprinted, lightned and balanced a 1600 lump and put it in.  I agree good MK1s are getting rare, but you can obtain any MK1 donor car and simply make it comply with the regs.
Thanks for the support, and hope you get a chance to come along to some meetings this season.  The next one is 19th June at Brands.  Cheers

mrwotto

« Reply #27 on: 27 May 2005, 17:28 »
Before I delete my membership from this forum, I just wish to comment on the total lack of interest in anything to do with Stock Hatch. This section is supposed to be dedicated to motor sport. We are racing the ONLY VW GOLF in Stock Hatch and have started several topics regarding this effort. We are competing with modern French 106s Saxos, and various Ford cars with some success. Why is nobody interested? Are you all just boy racers with trick paint jobs or are there any serious enthusiasts out there. The lack of interest on this GolfGTI forum is a mystery. Is nobody aware that the Stock Hatch Championship is THE most entertaining track sport event in the country. I give up!!!

:undecided:

mrwotto

« Reply #28 on: 27 May 2005, 17:29 »
thats pointing  finger tho at us all :grin:

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
« Reply #29 on: 27 May 2005, 17:30 »
Fair play to you coming back on and I'm sure most on here will accept your apology if they were offended. I felt offended by your comments as others did, especially questioning the enthusiasm of users on this forum but that's by the by now. Please stick around and join in the forum and you will find that more and more people will become interested, I'm guessing here, but you probably have a good technical background if you are involved with track days and racing and may have knowledge that could help other forum users with technical problems etc within other boards.  :smiley:

Welcome to the site, again !  :wink: :grin:
......now officially dubless.