Author Topic: Complete lack of interest in Stock Hatch Championship  (Read 14539 times)

Fred Flintstone

Before I delete my membership from this forum, I just wish to comment on the total lack of interest in anything to do with Stock Hatch.  This section is supposed to be dedicated to motor sport.  We are racing the ONLY VW GOLF in Stock Hatch and have started several topics regarding this effort.  We are competing with modern French 106s Saxos, and various Ford cars with some success.  Why is nobody interested?  Are you all just boy racers with trick paint jobs or are there any serious enthusiasts out there.   The lack of interest on this GolfGTI forum is a mystery.  Is nobody aware that the Stock Hatch Championship is THE most entertaining track sport event in the country.  I give up!!!

Offline GTI EDITION (aka LTD)

• I live here
Re: Complete lack of interest in Stock Hatch Championship
« Reply #1 on: 26 May 2005, 23:53 »
I for one am very interestead ! :smiley:

WE NEED MORE PEOPLE LIKE YOU FIGHTING VWs CORNER ! :wink:

Had a look at your site and all the relevent links, very interesting ,I particularly liked your in-car video. EXCELLENT!  :cool:

Only one thing , the rules state that only cars up to 1600cc are allowed to enter ,is this true as its getting difficult to find 1600 mk1 golf GTIs  :huh:

I will definitely do my best to get to the next round to cheer you on and hope others here will do likewise . WONT WE LADS AND LASSES !!!!! :angry:

Hopefully one day soon I can join in with you when money allows  :smiley:

UNTIL THEN KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK ! :wink:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=topn&cat=19378

Does my arse look TOO BIG (to fit) in this (forum).... or was it something I said ?

Fred Flintstone

« Reply #2 on: 27 May 2005, 07:17 »
Thanks for your support, but it seems more people are interested in rolling roads than proper racing on this forum.  I think I will stick to the Club GTI forum who actually get involved and attend the meetings too.  :angry: :angry:

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #3 on: 27 May 2005, 10:30 »
first time i read these posts :embarassed:

ill probably come along to brands hatch on 19th to watch, these sort of races are cool to watch

Offline Agreeable Slick

• Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Unit
« Reply #4 on: 27 May 2005, 11:27 »
Complete childish post from you there mate.

So what if we are more interested in Rolling roads? Does it make us any less of an enthusiast just because we don't feel the need to rag the tits out of our, well maintained and looked after motor cars?

It doesn't detract from the fact that you are having fun, and yes well done for doing it, and competing against other "hot hatches" i know i would love to do it.

HOWEVER!!

A majority of us on here do not feel the need to flex out ego by attacking everyone who does not have the same interest as ourselves. By the same logic a lot of us do not have the income or the desire to take part in a real racing series, forgive me for saying but i think you need to take a step back and realise that attacking a community of fellow enthusiasts to try and get some attention is just a tad, "2 year old tantrum" esq.

Good luck on CGTI, that place is falling apart at the seams and on a side note, there are only about 10 if that people that post on there and actually track their car, me knowing about half of them. The others as far as i am aware haven't actually even put their cars near a track, nevermind raced it.

Like i say well done on the acheivement but tbh you have now throughly put me off the idea coming to see you or your son take part in this series as imo you have given me more than a insight into how you all behave.

I.E. if you don't get your way you all start shouting and crying until someone takes notice.

Good luck.

Fred Flintstone

« Reply #5 on: 27 May 2005, 12:57 »
I rest my case

Fred Flintstone

« Reply #6 on: 27 May 2005, 13:00 »
first time i read these posts :embarassed:

ill probably come along to brands hatch on 19th to watch, these sort of races are cool to watch

Great, look forward to meeting you.

Offline Agreeable Slick

• Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Unit
« Reply #7 on: 27 May 2005, 13:04 »
I rest my case

Why? I am genuinely interested to know? All the above points i have made, are based on fact.

If the best you can come up with is "i rest my case" then it sounds like my points have been more proven than yours.

Fred Flintstone

« Reply #8 on: 27 May 2005, 13:05 »
Complete childish post from you there mate.

So what if we are more interested in Rolling roads? Does it make us any less of an enthusiast just because we don't feel the need to rag the tits out of our, well maintained and looked after motor cars?

It doesn't detract from the fact that you are having fun, and yes well done for doing it, and competing against other "hot hatches" i know i would love to do it.

HOWEVER!!

A majority of us on here do not feel the need to flex out ego by attacking everyone who does not have the same interest as ourselves. By the same logic a lot of us do not have the income or the desire to take part in a real racing series, forgive me for saying but i think you need to take a step back and realise that attacking a community of fellow enthusiasts to try and get some attention is just a tad, "2 year old tantrum" esq.

Good luck on CGTI, that place is falling apart at the seams and on a side note, there are only about 10 if that people that post on there and actually track their car, me knowing about half of them. The others as far as i am aware haven't actually even put their cars near a track, nevermind raced it.

Like i say well done on the acheivement but tbh you have now throughly put me off the idea coming to see you or your son take part in this series as imo you have given me more than a insight into how you all behave.

I.E. if you don't get your way you all start shouting and crying until someone takes notice.

Good luck.

Hang on a minute I thought this is the 'Track days and motorsport' topic.  Does this not contradict your comments, which I may add seem a bit more hysterical than my original observation which started this thread.

Fred Flintstone

« Reply #9 on: 27 May 2005, 13:07 »
I rest my case

Why? I am genuinely interested to know? All the above points i have made, are based on fact.

If the best you can come up with is "i rest my case" then it sounds like my points have been more proven than yours.

At least it seems to have generated some interest!