Author Topic: GTD DTUK PedalBox settings?  (Read 10931 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
GTD DTUK PedalBox settings?
« on: 12 March 2017, 14:41 »
Having covered all of five miles the decision was made that the PedalBox had to be fitted to the GTD.
This will be the third car it has been fitted to so I've got my money's worth out of it  :whistle:

What settings are fellow converts running on GTDs?

I've played around with it a bit and currently can't make my mind up.

The GTI & R as standard was flat, flat, gradual acceleration then eventually lots of acceleration depending on how many yards you had your foot pressed towards the pedal stop. Yes it really felt like yards.

The GTD seems to have a bit different feel: initial acceleration, then flat, then *thump* as the torque hits you.
I just want the *thump* without my foot having to push through the bulkhead...
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
Re: GTD DTUK PedalBox settings?
« Reply #1 on: 12 March 2017, 18:08 »
I'm running mine one orange + 2 green.

I think this to be the sweet spot as it gives you a push just with dab of the loud pedal. I'm finding it quite addictive together with S&S pack...(even though it's fake) it still makes me smile.

It's just nice not hearing that diesel sound when I push the loud pedal. :cool:
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 12 March 2017, 18:25 »
I'd have loved to have had the S&S.

Thanks for that. I think I left mine on orange and two reds so I'll wind it to greens and take it for a spin in the week :afro:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 12 March 2017, 19:19 »

I think this to be the sweet spot as it gives you a push just with dab of the loud pedal. I'm finding it quite addictive together with S&S pack...(even though it's fake) it still makes me smile.

Have you tried turning off the soundakotor with vcds to see what the car sounds like with just the speaker making the extra noise. Driving a GTD without S&S pack I could feel the vibration from the soundakotor but I can't feel it in my car.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline phazer

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 12 March 2017, 19:59 »

Have you tried turning off the soundakotor with vcds to see what the car sounds like with just the speaker making the extra noise. Driving a GTD without S&S pack I could feel the vibration from the soundakotor but I can't feel it in my car.

I think the soundaktor is turned down on cars with S&S, it's difficult to tell but on ours with the mode set to normal you don't get the same noise as a none S&S car. Still sounds great though as the exhaust on it's own is straight through :)

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 12 March 2017, 22:15 »
I'd have loved to have had the S&S.

Thanks for that. I think I left mine on orange and two reds so I'll wind it to greens and take it for a spin in the week :afro:

No worries...

No I haven't yet.

I tend to have it in Sport when it's just me in the car and in Normal with Mrs and sprogs in toe...

Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 15 March 2017, 18:59 »

I've been running that this afternoon and it does seem better. More testing needed though but one thing is that it transforms the throttle feel.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 16 March 2017, 05:21 »
Correction to my earlier post, having not used the car for about five days I decided to take it for an early morning spin to put a few miles on it as running in is as dull as hell.

Mine was in fact set to orange and two greens so I've left it there.
That setting seems to work quite well being able to modulate the "throttle" enough to accelerate briskly without going full beans and still trying to keep the revs lowish as I've only just hit 100 miles.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 16 March 2017, 06:26 »
Correction to my earlier post, having not used the car for about five days I decided to take it for an early morning spin to put a few miles on it as running in is as dull as hell.

That setting seems to work quite well being able to modulate the "throttle" enough to accelerate briskly without going full beans and still trying to keep the revs lowish as I've only just hit 100 miles.

The only thing I make sure I to do it never rev the car over 4K when cold no matter what miles is on the car. Is there a need to 'run in' cars anymore?

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 16 March 2017, 06:47 »

I've been running that this afternoon and it does seem better. More testing needed though but one thing is that it transforms the throttle feel.

Yeah I like this setting and don't think (at the moment) I will be tinkering with it.

I tried the other settings but found anymore than the mentioned setting above it would shoot you forward and become to much and you just look like a tit trying to race.