Author Topic: VW Golf GTI VI – First Official Video  (Read 8462 times)

Offline illyun

• I live here
Re: VW Golf GTI VI – First Official Video
« Reply #10 on: 07 October 2008, 18:36 »
I think VW are taking the p155 with the Mk6... I mean, not much extra power, looks pretty much the same, by their own admission it only has a 4 year lifecycle and was brought out to save money on the Mk5... so whats so special?  Don't get me wrong, I love the GTI - my 25 previous cars can attest to that, all GTI/V6/R32's across all Mks - but I think in this case, VW are just grabbing the money and running.  Maybe the GTI-R will be a bit more special - i.e. not just a tuned Edition 30 with 4 wheel drive.  The more I think about it the more it makes sense to save that £30k, add £20k odd more and get the GTR.  :evil:  I reckon the Mk5 is going to be a classic like the Mk2 and I'm going to hold onto my Edition 30. 
Mk1 GTI Campaign, Mk5 GTI Edition 30, Mk6 GTI (Coming Soon...)

Offline jamie_pyrite

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 11 October 2008, 14:22 »
Anyone else notice it's got WOB's name in the reg? ;) It's a secret message for him

I thought the video was very boring.. and made the car look dull and nowhere near as attractive as a red mk5 gti!

Offline illyun

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 12 October 2008, 02:47 »
Anyone else notice it's got WOB's name in the reg? ;) It's a secret message for him

I thought the video was very boring.. and made the car look dull and nowhere near as attractive as a red mk5 gti!

:huh:  WOB = Wolfsberg
Mk1 GTI Campaign, Mk5 GTI Edition 30, Mk6 GTI (Coming Soon...)

Offline golfgti5

• GTI forum regular
GTI Mk7 DSG Candy White, 19" Santiagos, Discover Media, xenon, Executive Package, ACC, PDC, Park Assist, Alarm+......

Offline jamie_pyrite

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 19 October 2008, 19:27 »

:huh:  WOB = Wolfsberg

woops :D Wasn't aware!

Offline Martz

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #15 on: 19 October 2008, 19:33 »
Now, I do like that! :cool:

Offline Edition30

• Here all the time
« Reply #16 on: 20 October 2008, 00:30 »
Hmm, that vid portrays it better. Im thinking they have got something pretty special in the pipeline if they have released details of the GTI so early.

Dont manufacturers usually keep it under wraps until they have sold aload of standard cars then release it so people chop them in to make even more money??

My little theory...sell as many GTI's as possible then release something 'special' KO4 versions or GTI-R so people will want them. Maybe talking complete turd but meh... :grin:
sorry but my vaux looks far better than the mk5 gti, thats why i bought it  :wink: faster too  :grin:  :tongue:

July/08 Pearl Black Golf GTI Edition 30

Offline Top Cat

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 20 October 2008, 09:59 »
Hmm, that vid portrays it better. Im thinking they have got something pretty special in the pipeline if they have released details of the GTI so early.

Dont manufacturers usually keep it under wraps until they have sold aload of standard cars then release it so people chop them in to make even more money??

My little theory...sell as many GTI's as possible then release something 'special' KO4 versions or GTI-R so people will want them. Maybe talking complete turd but meh... :grin:

Me thinks you are day dreaming and trying to include your wish list into reality.
Surely there going to produce a carbon version with 20" wheels and turbo that whistles louder than the Severn dwarfs  :laugh:

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
« Reply #18 on: 21 October 2008, 00:36 »
God that cars looks good :)