Author Topic: MK6 GTI IN THIS WEEKS AUTOEXPRESS.  (Read 6361 times)

Offline neilgcal

• Here all the time
Re: MK6 GTI IN THIS WEEKS AUTOEXPRESS.
« Reply #10 on: 27 March 2009, 12:31 »
Well my copy of EVO landed on the mat a few hours ago & ''yes'' they still rate the golf, 4 & 1/2 stars etc but say it still needs & could handle more power.New option of rear parking camera & clocks are now back lit in white rarther than blue  :cry:.

Do they have any other criticism's other than lack of power which can be sorted with an engine remap?

Offline dubcruiser

• I live here
  • Audi A3 SB S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007
« Reply #11 on: 27 March 2009, 12:31 »
When the press review new cars they also compare them to the wrong type of cars. In that Autoexpress report it compares the GTi to the Focus ST and Megane, but the power of the Megane at least is knocking on the door of the R32. Bit unfair really!!

VW will sell shed loads of the GTi regardless of how good or bad it is!

Personaly, I like it. Can't wait to see one in the flesh. Supposedly around June time  :wink:
Scott

Golf GTi 180bhp 6 Speed 2003, Tornado Red, Electric Sunroof, Climatronic, Winter Pack, Black Leather, Santa Monica Alloys, Centre Arm Rest, 6 Disc Changer, R-Tech Remap (Now Sold)
Audi A3 Sportback S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007, Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, iPod Prep, Interior Light Pack

Offline Gene Hunt.

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 27 March 2009, 13:28 »
Well my copy of EVO landed on the mat a few hours ago & ''yes'' they still rate the golf, 4 & 1/2 stars etc but say it still needs & could handle more power.New option of rear parking camera & clocks are now back lit in white rarther than blue  :cry:.

Do they have any other criticism's other than lack of power which can be sorted with an engine remap?
..........no nothing really.
Candy White ED35.

Offline Egbutt Wash

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 28 March 2009, 16:20 »
The most interesting car in Autocar is the Tata Nano.
It should appeal to the ED30 chaps with fully painted bumpers and skirts.
At £1700 new it confirms Tata as one of the great car makers (they also make Clarksons best car in the world, the Range Rover)
Currently digging a bunker.

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 28 March 2009, 20:30 »
Very weak effort.
Do I have to wait until the first mk6 GTI are delivered before receiving my winnings?
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Egbutt Wash

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 28 March 2009, 22:21 »
Very weak effort.
Do I have to wait until the first mk6 GTI are delivered before receiving my winnings?

You winnings popped.
Currently digging a bunker.