Author Topic: mk6 gti autocar test  (Read 3766 times)

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
Re: mk6 gti autocar test
« Reply #1 on: 24 March 2009, 11:11 »
Hmmmm. Quote from the review.

"The heavily cushioned seats support and secure your body well, and offer a broad range of manual adjustment. They are, however, mounted higher than those in the VW Scirocco, so you get a slightly less sporty driving position."

The mk6 has height adjustable seats, doesn't he know this ?

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline Robbie G

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 25 March 2009, 14:04 »
39 mpg combined and 54g/km less CO2 than a Focus ST? That's quite impressive.

Offline Smoothcall

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 27 March 2009, 01:23 »

"The heavily cushioned seats support and secure your body well, and offer a broad range of manual adjustment. They are, however, mounted higher than those in the VW Scirocco, so you get a slightly less sporty driving position."

Just because they are high adjustable doesn't mean you sit as low as another car

Common complaint with the Focus ST

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 27 March 2009, 10:53 »

Just because they are high adjustable doesn't mean you sit as low as another car

Common complaint with the Focus ST

Fair point, but you would think he would have mentioned something like 'Even with the seats height adjustment It still didn't make me feel like I was driving in a sporty position' - But maybe thats just me.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 03 April 2009, 15:23 »
Better review?

http://cars.uk.msn.com/Reviews/article.aspx?cp-documentid=15440425

The new Volkswagen Golf GTI produces 210hp. That's ten more than the last one - discounting special editions - but not much cop for pub trumps in a hot hatch world currently dominated by the immense presence of Ford's 305hp Focus RS. Even the old Renaultsport Megane has up to 230.

But the GTI isn't meant to be like those cars. The GTI is, as the last version demonstrated with such comprehensive authority, the supreme all-rounder. As happy on the school run, or in the country club car park, as it is having the absolute life thrashed out of it on winding B-road.

We could go into the history, talk about how the original Golf GTI was the proto-hot hatch, explain just how much this new car has got to live up to - especially in the afterglow of its predecessor. But probably you know all that already. The GTI is a genuine legend.
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 03 April 2009, 16:26 »
It certainly is, brilliant quote. 'The GTI is a genuine legend'

:cool: