Author Topic: Golf MKVI GTI now on VW.co.uk with prices and UK spec!!!!  (Read 8985 times)

Offline smbVW

• Just got here
Re: Golf MKVI GTI now on VW.co.uk with prices and UK spec!!!!
« Reply #10 on: 24 March 2009, 16:50 »
So is the mk6 now out to buy ? If I went to my dealer now would I be able to buy If I struck a deal with them ?

my email from VW confirms they are available for order only at present, no confirmed release date as such...

Offline Tony D

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 24 March 2009, 17:56 »
Looks like it's time to find another hot hatch..... VW have got to be joking with their prices.... and you know they'll be no discounts on the GTI in regular VW fashion.

And the lack of Xenon's is just a joke.  Would never pay £25k for a car without them.

Overall I'm feeling rather disappointed this afternoon!

Current: 

Tesla Model 3 Performance

Past:

2015/15 Golf GTD
2009/09 Golf GT TDI
2008/08 Golf GTi Edition 30
2002/52 Golf GTi 25th Anniversary
1997/P Golf GTi 20th Anniversary

Offline Schuey

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 24 March 2009, 18:18 »
Like everybody else I'm gutted about the MKVI GTI, the price, the spec & as lots of others have said no xenon yet?!

Spec one of these right with leather, DSG, upgraded sound system or sat-nav, 18 inch wheels & a few bits & pieces including Xenon & this will be a £30K car............... :sick:

Seriously VW at this price I'll stick with other manufacturers as there are so many high end cars available at this price  :angry:

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #13 on: 24 March 2009, 18:23 »
I hope it doesn't sell, VW will only take notice that way.

But this is the UK, there will be people out there that will pay it and it's those people that let companies like VW know that those prices are fine.

Once again, rip off Britain.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #14 on: 24 March 2009, 19:00 »
I had the email too and spec'd one up earlier. It came to Audi S3 money with some change left over for satnav, aftermarket wheels, coilovers and a remap.

Offline Schuey

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #15 on: 24 March 2009, 20:43 »
This months CAR Magazine has a good write up....................... Like a lot of other press articles they keep refering to the R as being the one too wait for.......................But just like the GTI will this also be overpriced????  :rolleyes:

Offline bobotheclown

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 25 March 2009, 09:50 »
for the same spec mk5 that I have it's 28grand. I paid over 3grand less than that. Jeez expensive. Has VW heard of the credit crunch

Offline bobotheclown

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 25 March 2009, 09:52 »
i thought the mk6 was meant to be simpler and easier to build, then why does it cost more money to buy? Profit margin that's why!  :angry:

Offline synnea

• Here all the time
« Reply #18 on: 25 March 2009, 10:01 »
I dread to think what price an R model would be if they release one! I built the spec of my MK5 R32 (excluding SatNav as I bought it on ebay) on the MK6 GTI configurator and my R32 priced when it was new was cheaper. The price of the optional extras now is a joke!

As mentioned already, so much for the 'cheaper to build MK6' being passed on to the customer. I dont think even the legendary GTI history will be enough to make as many people fork out this sort of crazy money.
R32 : DBP : Lux Pack : Winter Pack : Cruise : Leather : Parking Sensors : Rear Tints : Armrest : RNS 510 : Ipod MediaIn : FreeView Tuner : VagCom

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #19 on: 25 March 2009, 10:15 »
Its crazy money, looks like I'll be looking at one of their stockpiled mk5's now

:sad:

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"