Author Topic: Golf MKVI GTI now on VW.co.uk with prices and UK spec!!!!  (Read 8989 times)

Offline neilgcal

• Here all the time
Hey guys and girls

Well the moment we have been waiting for has arrived. The UK VW site now has all the standard spec and options for the new Golf GTI!

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/#/new/golf-gti-vi/

Does a 6.9 second 0 - 60 sprint which is faster than they had been saying but it only comes as standard with the 17" rims, you need to pay extra for the 18's! Apart from that everything bar the Sat Nav seems to be standard!

Offline neilgcal

• Here all the time
Re: Golf MKVI GTI now on VW.co.uk with prices and UK spec!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 23 March 2009, 12:15 »
Okay on second thoughs maybe not everything is standard as the configurator puts my car at £24,915!! Better start saving now!!!

Offline HA54SYM`

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 23 March 2009, 13:01 »
Not being funny but If you spec up a 3 door, black with DSG it comes to 24,500k then if you add little extras it comes to around 25-26k!

Just a basic spec 3 door with DSG and Xennons (when they are out) is going to be well specced Focus RS money. I know the GTi is a good car, I have a mk5 Edition 30, but this list price is stupid.

Imagine what the GTR or R20 would be going for!

Focus RS looks a better option now, after the initail hype has died down, and we can get proper Ford discounts on it.

Dave
94 - Roversport Tomcat Racecar

Offline synnea

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 23 March 2009, 13:03 »
Am I correct in stating that there is still no option for xenons? I for one wouldnt order until VW get their supplier sorted out? I cant check myself yet as my internet in work is so slow the configurator times out at the paint stage. Got my bro to check it and he cant find xenons. Anyone else confirm, just in case he missed them?

I am also thinking that for the money at the minute, once you spec it up you can easily hit 27k, I personally would rather find a high specced ED30 for maybe around 15 which is also quicker standard. As mentioned above I dread to think the price of an R model if ever released. Higher prices simply down to weak £
« Last Edit: 23 March 2009, 13:09 by synnea »
R32 : DBP : Lux Pack : Winter Pack : Cruise : Leather : Parking Sensors : Rear Tints : Armrest : RNS 510 : Ipod MediaIn : FreeView Tuner : VagCom

Offline HA54SYM`

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 23 March 2009, 13:18 »
No apparantly Xennons are out calender week 22 in germany, and I agree wouldn't get a car without them, and they also look quite cool on the mk6.

But as we all know, are way overpriced with VW!

Not sure what to do with our ED30 now, as was going to see how much the GTi and R20 would be first.

Dave
94 - Roversport Tomcat Racecar

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #5 on: 23 March 2009, 19:13 »
Wow, boy do VW have us over a barrel with those extra's prices and also the car price itself. If I cant get any deals on this, VW have just lost themselves a customer.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline synnea

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 23 March 2009, 19:24 »
Bloody expensive. Flat tyre indicator as an optional extra??? Bit of a joke. Amongst others.  I think they will struggle to shift a lot of these for some time especially with the current climate.
« Last Edit: 24 March 2009, 08:07 by synnea »
R32 : DBP : Lux Pack : Winter Pack : Cruise : Leather : Parking Sensors : Rear Tints : Armrest : RNS 510 : Ipod MediaIn : FreeView Tuner : VagCom

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #7 on: 23 March 2009, 20:30 »
So is the mk6 now out to buy ? If I went to my dealer now would I be able to buy If I struck a deal with them ?

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline mojo555

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 23 March 2009, 21:09 »
23k as standard you are having a laugh vw....either that or they are taking the p**s...more likely the latter!!!

Offline monzablue16v

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 23 March 2009, 21:18 »
They will certainly struggle with those prices. It's the reason I am having a Honda Civic as a company car, good spec nowhere near the price of a gttdi, just too expensive for what you can get.

Probably got lost in the "Great Crash of 08