Author Topic: NEWBY...check my ride  (Read 2716 times)

Offline TEST100

• GTI forum regular
NEWBY...check my ride
« on: 13 October 2012, 17:34 »

pictures taken a few months ago

Hi everyone,im new to the site and modifiying cars,this is the second mk3 golf gti 8v ive had,love it to bits and take care of it very well :)

When i got the car it already had private plates,coilover suspension,pipercross panel filter,ashley rear exhaust box.

Ive fitted 600w infinity reference 6x9 parcel shelf speakers,alpine head unit..
swapped and replaced a few bits of interior from my old red golf so the black golf is very clean inside now :)
replaced rear lights with rare red /crystal clear new ones,crystal side repeaters and fitted xenon super white headlight / spot bulbs.

the car jus came out the garage the other day as it needed a new rocker cover gasket,end of gearbox re-sealed and topped up,and exhaust adjusting cause it was rattling.all fixed now so im happy,it cost me £80 for all that :) :) :)

there is a bit more i would like to do to the car,such as decat pipe,new rims and tyres but was thinking of getting the originals powder coated in white or alloy,maybe infinity reference sub and amp,engine strut,new pipe set...

any questions,advice or info welcome,thanks for your time ')

Offline Murrayedition35

• I live here
  • Edition 35 3dr Manual - Deep Black.
Re: NEWBY...check my ride
« Reply #1 on: 13 October 2012, 17:38 »
Welcome to the forum and tidy motor you have there... :smiley:

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 13 October 2012, 17:41 »
Looks nice and clean. The exhaust looks like it sticks out quite a bit or is that just the camera angle? Ive got some smoked side repeaters that I think will fit if you want them email me your address and I'll post. I don't want anything for them just a good home.

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 13 October 2012, 17:42 »
Murray - I reckon we must be looking at the same threads at the same time!

Offline TEST100

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 13 October 2012, 18:19 »
cheers guys,

my exhaust does stick out a bit,not sure wether it could be chopped or made to fit any better,might ask the question when i get my decat fitted.hoping i dont get a rear end crash lol,no serious i hate it when people get up ur arse,its just asking for trouble.

anyway cheers for your brill offer ginge but i like the ones i put on better,as they match the rest of my lights ;) i might use them when i finally get a vr6 if its black,but who knows,appreciated all the same.